unloader injury

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
lol, comes with the territory, brutha.

My wrist still isn't right after friend*ing it and my hand up on June 9th. I'm talking multiple fractures here, not just like inflammation, lol.

You'll be alright, man. Take a day if you need to. UPS'll be there when you come back, especially now that you've attained seniority-- but if you like being in unload,

don't ever, ever tell your supe something like that.

Ive told my center manager that...... hah
What makes you say that?

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box

My wrist still isn't right after friend*ing it and my hand up on June 9th. I'm talking multiple fractures here, not just like inflammation, lol.

You'll be alright, man. Take a day if you need to. UPS'll be there when you come back, especially now that you've attained seniority-- but if you like being in unload,

Ive told my center manager that...... hah
What makes you say that?

This site is :censored2:ing up right now by responding to messages I wasnt replying to at the moment,but thanks everyone for your insights

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I would think it'd make you more likely to be moved from your spot in the unload.
Ahh gotcha. Ya well its known and I find it funny they keep their "2700+" safe work streak alive and well HAH! Is there some sort of bonus if they reach a certain quota on safe work days?

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
I had some inflammation of the tendon in the elbow last summer. Mine was caused by overextending my arm while bench pressing. It hurt to extend my left arm at all. Couldn't even shut a door. I got a brace that wrapped around my tricep and elbow. You can find them at sporting goods stores for like $15-$20 in the same place where they keep the kinesiology tape. Elbows fine now.

Last edited:

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I had some inflammation of the tendon in the elbow last summer. Mine was caused by overextending my arm while bench pressing. It hurt to extend my left arm at all. Couldn't even shut a door. I got a brace that wrapped around my tricep and elbow. You can find them at sporting goods stores for like $15-$20 in the same place where they keep the kinesiology tape. Elbows fine now.

Ya Ive been thinking about that brace. I figure ill get one next check. Thanks.

browntroll

30 days and you have tendonitis???
some ppl arent meant for this job, theres a few guys in my hub that dont have 1 year and already went on disability twice.
we also have guys that cant deal with anything and make up "pain" so they dont have to work hard anymore. i give up hope
whenever i hear newhires complain about unloading for 3 months but already want to become drivers.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
some ppl arent meant for this job, theres a few guys in my hub that dont have 1 year and already went on disability twice.
we also have guys that cant deal with anything and make up "pain" so they dont have to work hard anymore. i give up hope
whenever i hear newhires complain about unloading for 3 months but already want to become drivers.

No one asked for your hope.

browntroll

No one asked for your hope.
im just letting you know this job doesnt get easier, i have the same problem you do. in the unload it hurts alot less
then when i have to do pick off. just something you should think off before deciding where and how you will work in the
future not to mention if its fixable or permanent not to mention how many years of this your joints will hold up to.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
im just letting you know this job doesnt get easier, i have the same problem you do. in the unload it hurts alot less
then when i have to do pick off. just something you should think off before deciding where and how you will work in the
future not to mention if its fixable or permanent not to mention how many years of this your joints will hold up to.

Fair enough. I believe if things properly heal they will be stronger than before. Quitting is not an option. I just wanted to see if anyone here was in my shoes and how it was handled. Just sucks cause its messing with my performance and people assume im being lazy. Rather irritating and irrational. Only way out of UPS is in a box.