unloading 1200 pph

J

jibbs

well ill see how it goes, not sure how he would explain writing me up for going 1200pph but most of the other guys
can barely do half that. only thing im worried about is him putting me in a bulk filled trailer then saying i didnt hit the number
specially in trailers that dont even have 1200 packages. im gonna ask where he got the 1200pph from, he said it was in the contract.

Wait, he threatened discipline?

My man, next time that happens request a union steward before allowing that particular conversation continue.

Bull:censored2: threat. He may try to carry it out, but it won't hold. Best bet would be to get the union wise to the fact that he's harassing you about a numbers production that the union you belong to does not, I repeat: DOES NOT recognize.

Repeat after me: "A fair day's work for a fair day's pay."

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Basically the sup is a punk and should be spoken to as such...cuss him out and show him that union members run things
And watch how fast your rear gets tossed to the curb.
UPS first rule: Everytime supervisors yell, we have to slow down.
For sure take this guy's advice. He had to quit.
They can't write you up anyways.
Wrong. We can absolutely write you up. Whether or not it sticks in this case is another thing.

upschuck

Wrong. We can absolutely write you up. Whether or not it sticks in this case is another thing.
And writing people up, knowing it won't stick, is not a way to motivate people. You wonder why there is so many disgruntled employees. Treat people right, and I bet you'd get better production from them, it is an unconscious thing.

Not directed at you, since you seem to treat your people better than most, but writing people up just because, is a piss poor way to manage.

fres431

Article 37 of national harassment if they write you up an not others file it. Work safe and adjust to changing conditions like the preach. If they give you a task and you don't abide ask for a witness as he instructs you with witness then comply. It's a game ya gotta play it better then them. Once they know you know contact language they let you be

SafeYARDdog

I didnt have to quit. I had to work safe at a good pace.
If you are a good supervisor, please tell him the incredible TRUTH. haha

TheFigurehead

Personally, I'd tell your supervisor the same thing I told mine (not that I was threatened with a write up)…

"I mean no offense, but, frankly, both you and I are well aware that the union does not recognize performance standards. I am doing the best I can while working safely. If you would like to continue this conversation, I am requesting a steward immediately. Otherwise, please leave me to my work. I will consider future conversations of this nature to be harassment, and will respond accordingly."

Prepare for your sup to respond like a 12 year old girl, and to get the worst loads for a week or two, but you will never have to hear about production again.

browntroll

he is a new sup, im assuming someone else must have complained. today the full time sup made a pcm saying its supposed to be an
an honest day of work for an honest day of pay but still sees who is actually keeping up with those words and will talk to the ones that
arent doint it. pointed at one guy saying its not fair if he unloads 4 trailers a day while then points at another guy saying while that guy
only unloads 1 trailer in 2 1/2 hours. pt sup didnt give me any trouble today, did see him unloading in a trailer but i heard someone else
is gonna file for that.

RealPerson

Basically the sup is a punk and should be spoken to as such...cuss him out and show him that union members run things
Those days are Over... If you even look funny at a Sup they say you are threatening them... Ha

OP ...
WORK SAFE...
The More you do, the more they give you.

My Steward(s) always say "No one has Ever been fired for numbers"
Fair days work for a fair days pay .....

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Well maybe it's different there, but at my hub part time sups can not write people up. They can fill it out but it doesn't matter until a full timer signs it. I have seen it in action...

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Well maybe it's different there, but at my hub part time sups can not write people up. They can fill it out but it doesn't matter until a full timer signs it. I have seen it in action...
Where I am a pt sup can write someone up and even terminate their employment. Though I've never heard of anybody actually getting fired in my building