Unreported crash and alleged dishonesty

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Talking to the home owner again might be your only hope. Explain to the home owner you got fired and the only way you get your job back is if he calls ups and lies for you. The home owner could simply say it was Fedex who hit the blocks and he was mistaken. If he retracts his complaint then there is no proof of anything? Worth a shot.

Please tell me you aren't serious.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Come in Monkey butt!

(DO NOT GOOGLE THAT!)

IMG_1688.GIF

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't lie for a driver that damaged my property and drove off without trying to contact me. I had a Fedex Ground driver on my area that got fired for leaving deep tracks in a homeowner's yard and denied doing it even though it was on video. The right thing to do would have been to knock on the guy's door and apologizes before offering to put the bricks back in place. If something like a ten dollar mailbox got hit he should have offered to pay for that and fix as soon as possible. Then call the Center Manager and make it his decision. A Center gets hit with an accident and Liberty Mutual charges it with a $3000 claim for a tier one accident that the Center Manager doesn't want on his books.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

Talking to the home owner again might be your only hope. Explain to the home owner you got fired and the only way you get your job back is if he calls ups and lies for you. The home owner could simply say it was Fedex who hit the blocks and he was mistaken. If he retracts his complaint then there is no proof of anything? Worth a shot.

Are you kidding? Homeowner runs to UPS and tells the company this, the OP is definitely fired.

LeadBelly

Banned
A few weeks back, (day 1) while making a right turn, my rear tires caught a 2 foot high paver block wall (trying to keep people from running over grass I suspect). The blocks fell over and I ran a bunch over. No damage to the car or blocks, just knocked over. My intended stop was 4 doors past the corner where the blocks were so I stopped there. I got out, saw the blocks and looked at the package car. Saw no damage so went to deliver the stop then go pick the blocks up. Of course couldn't find the package. Finally found it, delivered it (driver side). Walking back to the car I looked at my next stop and realized I was behind (getting a business off by 5). I got back in the driver side and rolled on, never giving thought to the blocks. Got the business off at 4:50, got my air back with 15 mins to spare. Forgot all about knocking some pavers over. Next morning, (day 2) I was called into the office. You guessed it, video camera. Center manager reamed me a new one, told me if the homeowner wanted us to pay I'd be terminated. I explained what happened and he sent me on the road. Same route. I stopped by the homeowners on my lunch, told him it was me and apologized. I told him I intended to pick them up, explained how I forgot and apologized. He explained how he didn't want any money or see anyone get in trouble, he was just upset I didn't stop. Day 3, called in and discharged for dishonesty. Filed my grievance and have been out of work 2 1/2 weeks. Have my local hearing in a few days with my BA and the labor manager. Think I got a chance?
Yea I do. Just go in there explain what happened followed by I was stupid. I feel so stupid. Tell them about how disappointed your family is with you about this. Tell them you feel like you let the company down, and if they give you another chance you will make all of them proud.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I've never seen anyone fired for good that was "working pending investigation". Obviously depends on your local but my BA says if they continue to let you work they are basically admitting they don't think you're THAT big of a :censored2: up.
We has a guy get fired that was a "working termination ". Never did get his job back