Update on my ground delivery as am air driver

BUCN85

I tried to post to the OP but it was closed. So here it is....

Well here's a little update. I told them on Friday and got a little resistance when one sup said I was told to just "drop off" the one stop. So I guess leave this 30 piece bulk stop unaccounted for with no signature for the driver to MAYBE come back 7 hrs later to scan them. And I said that makes no sense you need to be more specific next time. And that was that. Got paid the top rate for both days

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

BUCN85

So has anybody else heard of just "dropping the packages off" with out scanning them. To wait for the driver later?

oldngray

nowhere special
So has anybody else heard of just "dropping the packages off" with out scanning them. To wait for the driver later?

Yes, that happens frequently. If they get lost its on UPS but you would be just following instructions. I certainly wouldn't do that everywhere but its OK to do at many companies.

BUCN85

Oh well I misunderstood what I was told and it didn't make sense to me Oh well in the end I was paid for it anyways. Now I know

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I would get it in writing if you were asked to deliver packages without recording the delivery

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would get it in writing if you were asked to deliver packages without recording the delivery

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

This may be a situation where the packages were prerecorded by the preload and the bid driver already had the receiver sign for them .

Sent using BrownCafe App

happybob

Feeders
Don't think it matters if they are scanned and signed for on your diad. If you are a P/T or friend/T Air Driver and you move ground packages you are entitled to full package rate for that days work. The company can have them presheeted, loaded onto your package car, have you drive/move them to the consignee and have you unload them and then say you didn't deliver them? Would love to see that go to an arbitrator for final resolution.

BUCN85

This may be a situation where the packages were prerecorded by the preload and the bid driver already had the receiver sign for them .

Sent using BrownCafe App

Nope. I scanned them and got sig at the business. But I did not know by even moving ground by just dropping them off I can still get ground rate. That's good to know.

Ouch

It doesn't matter 30 piece bulk stop or 1 ground piece
Top rate for the entire shift should be paid to you.if youreally want to mess with them tell them you want your 8 hour guarantee. See how they like that.

PT Car Washer

I don't think PT Air Drivers have an 8 hour guarantee. Had a fellow Air Exception Driver load a large bulk stop, drive to the location, unload everything with bar codes up so the only thing the driver did was scan and get a signature. She told the center manager she wanted top ground pay for that and she got it.