UPDATE

UPSER1987

Full timers win every time..Game Over..

But you can’t have an uneducated work force. Most of these pters have no clue what’s going on and everyone expects them to learn through osmosis. If you are part of the solution- you are part of the problem. (Not you specifically, but the system)

Superteeth2478

It has not been implemented for 243 or Western Pa. but the 804 vote should be coming soon. I'm guessing it passes because the new group says they support it. If I was UPS and Washington, I let the 2 remaining supplements go on strike while everyone else is working. Doesn't show brotherhood but I'm thinking that they want to make an example out of someone sooner or later.
It's my understanding that the supplemental areas can't go on strike since the NMA was "ratified". So once that happened all leverage flew out the window anyways.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
But you can’t have an uneducated work force. Most of these pters have no clue what’s going on and everyone expects them to learn through osmosis. If you are part of the solution- you are part of the problem. (Not you specifically, but the system)

Most of us full timers started out as part timers, for the most part it took over 10 years seniority as a part timer in order to even win a full time bid, then you had to qualify usually as a package car driver. I am not going to try to stereotype all our current part timers, but from my observation most are not in college, it was a must back in a time, the ones that continue to stay are not the top of the food chain to say the least. We had one kid in our hub that I noticed was a cut above, showed up to work and busted his ass to get it done, I just knew that he was ready to leave and find a job that paid better than the state's minimum wage, the delay with the contract was another deciding issue. He left!

Right now with our part timers we have over 60 percent of our total union workforce with UPS being transient, temporary, clueless with union issues and having no plans to even try to become full time or make a career of this type of work. They are easy pickings come contract time for the International and the Company to insure that these concessionary contracts are ratified. I am pretty sure that only 25 percent of them eligible voted yes for that two dollar bump and 65 percent of them didn't even bother. This will not change for the 2023 contract, plans are already being made with the "pension" issues, bottom line is probably that my 41 year seniority/31 year full time vote was cancelled by a 2 month part
timer who no longer works for us anymore.

Superteeth2478

Most of us full timers started out as part timers, for the most part it took over 10 years seniority as a part timer in order to even win a full time bid, then you had to qualify usually as a package car driver. I am not going to try to stereotype all our current part timers, but from my observation most are not in college, it was a must back in a time, the ones that continue to stay are not the top of the food chain to say the least. We had one kid in our hub that I noticed was a cut above, showed up to work and busted his ass to get it done, I just knew that he was ready to leave and find a job that paid better than the state's minimum wage, the delay with the contract was another deciding issue. He left!

Right now with our part timers we have over 60 percent of our total union workforce with UPS being transient, temporary, clueless with union issues and having no plans to even try to become full time or make a career of this type of work. They are easy pickings come contract time for the International and the Company to insure that these concessionary contracts are ratified. I am pretty sure that only 25 percent of them eligible voted yes for that two dollar bump and 65 percent of them didn't even bother. This will not change for the 2023 contract, plans are already being made with the "pension" issues, bottom line is probably that my 41 year seniority/31 year full time vote was cancelled by a 2 month part
timer who no longer works for us anymore.
It's understandable that this situation is discouraging for people, but at the same time if everyone was out campaigning for the part-timers to vote the way I was at my hub the situation would have been different, guaranteed. Did everyone I urge to vote do so? No. Were the people I urged to vote more likely to vote than people who were not told a thing about the contract? Yes. There aren't two ways around it. If you want change, you have to be a part of the change, or else you're just wasting your breath complaining.

clean hairy

And you can eat :censored2:, too. "Filthy full-timers" have more of a stake in the contract and don't vote nearly as much as your deluded sense of importance tells you. At least part-timers are mostly young, uninformed, and don't care about the union mostly because they're treated like a revolving door of initiation fees anyways, and it shows. They have more of a reason to not vote than full-timers, and yet plenty of full-timers don't vote.
There are part timers that know the contract well enough to educate some full timers who have no clue about the contract.

UPSER1987

There are part timers that know the contract well enough to educate some full timers who have no clue about the contract.

Overall UPS workforce, part time full time hourly and management is woefully undereducated. There is no cohesiveness on multiple levels to get from point A to point B.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Why not make PT vote half a FT vote? FT jobs seemed to be more revered over PT to the union anyways when it comes to union dues. Asking PT's to vote is a win lose situation, one votes but votes for a shotty contract with a 70 cent raise with no protections. Another will not vote leaving the turn out under 50% with a contract that is sub par at best, in the end we all lose to statistics.

Jim Rockford

me: "hey ya'll we gotta get out the vote"

part timer: "didnt we vote the last 3 local supplements and national contract down only to have them imposed?"

Me: "well yeah.."

part timer: "then what difference does it make?"

me: "see ..uh...union constitution sez majority of members gotta vote it down...so..if you dont vote..its a YES.....or...you cant keep voting it down because the union dont think its a valid reason..or..uh..uh...."

Superteeth2478

Why not make PT vote half a FT vote? FT jobs seemed to be more revered over PT to the union anyways when it comes to union dues. Asking PT's to vote is a win lose situation, one votes but votes for a shotty contract with a 70 cent raise with no protections. Another will not vote leaving the turn out under 50% with a contract that is sub par at best, in the end we all lose to statistics.
Oh goody. Divide and conquer being suggested by a union member...isn't divide and conquer the idea behind a two-tier wage system? Grand idea.

PT Car Washer

Is the Union also going to cut my Union dues in half? I pay more every month then a lot of FT Union members.

Superteeth2478

Is the Union also going to cut my Union dues in half? I pay more every month then a lot of FT Union members.
If they make the vote of a part-timer count as half a vote, then they should cut union dues for part-timers in half, too.

I'll never understand self-righteous full-timers who spit on part-timers as if they're a lower class of worker. And yet we had so many full-timers act like they voted "NO" on the contract because of the creation of a lower class of full-time worker. Newsflash, you guys treat part-timers as a lower class of worker, so don't act like you care about the creation of a lower class of full-timer worker because it's wrong. Most of them probably voted "NO" because of 22.4s only insofar as they thought it would affect their ability to get overtime.

The company doesn't even need to divide and conquer, this "brotherhood" is already doing that on its own.

Last edited:
If they make the vote of a part-timer count as half a vote, then they should cut union dues in half, too.

I'll never understand self-righteous full-timers who spit on part-timers as if they're a lower class of worker. And yet we had so many full-timers act like they voted "NO" on the contract because of the creation of a lower class of full-time worker. Newsflash, you guys treat part-timers as a lower class of worker, so don't act like you care about the creation of a lower class of full-timer worker because it's wrong. Most of them probably voted "NO" because of 22.4s only insofar as they thought it would affect their ability to get overtime.

The company doesn't even need to divide and conquer, this "brotherhood" is already doing that on its own.
I paid over $1100 in union dues last year. How much did you pay?