UPDATE

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
65% of the union is PT why should one class of the union make decisions for the other 45% that votes and has been around longer and is invested in keeping protections for future union employees? I really liked the idea someone had about PT having their own contract and FT having a separate contract as well. We will see the turnout and the results will not lie when it comes to voting participation.

Superteeth2478

Well you act like you was paying more than you should.
Who, me or PT Car Washer? I was just saying that if my vote only counts as half of the vote of a full-timer like Mr. Brilliant BigBrown87 suggested, then part-timers would have even less incentive to vote, and their dues shouldn't be calculated the same as full-timers. Disenfranchise the part-timers more than they've already been disenfranchised, and don't be surprised if we never get anywhere with ANY contract.

PT Car Washer

Are you going to retire?
Thinking Nov 30th. Been a tough Winter with crashes and injures. I live about 15 minutes from the Center and have top seniority so always getting phone calls about taking over a route when something happens. Then I still have to work my PT job after. I was threatened with job abandonment one night when I went home after 11 hours on the road with no breaks or lunch. Union Steward said I was not in the classification for a lunch break.

Superteeth2478

65% of the union is PT why should one class of the union make decisions for the other 45% that votes and has been around longer and is invested in keeping protections for future union employees? I really liked the idea someone had about PT having their own contract and FT having a separate contract as well. We will see the turnout and the results will not lie when it comes to voting participation.
I strongly doubt the IBT cares about this, but maybe it's because it would be an oxymoron to call it the "International Brotherhood of Teamsters" if the IBT itself separates and creates factions within a company that it unionizes. And I bet a bunch of brain-dead drivers would come on here and bitch and moan about how their loads suck worse and how part-timers suck worse and etc. etc. etc. like always, not realizing that the situation has only gotten worse because of the further disenfranchisement of the part-time workforce.

PT Car Washer

You mean the 65% of the Union that make minimum wage and no benefits?

Thinking Nov 30th. Been a tough Winter with crashes and injures. I live about 15 minutes from the Center and have top seniority so always getting phone calls about taking over a route when something happens. Then I still have to work my PT job after. I was threatened with job abandonment one night when I went home after 11 hours on the road with no breaks or lunch. Union Steward said I was not in the classification for a lunch break.
Unbelievable

Who, me or PT Car Washer? I was just saying that if my vote only counts as half of the vote of a full-timer like Mr. Brilliant BigBrown87 suggested, then part-timers would have even less incentive to vote, and their dues shouldn't be calculated the same as full-timers. Disenfranchise the part-timers more than they've already been disenfranchised, and don't be surprised if we never get anywhere with ANY contract.
Most of them don't vote anyways.