UPDATE

Superteeth2478

Brilliant would be casting a vote that takes less than a minute from your phone, maybe you can talk to your fellow PT's and explain that to them next contract vote instead of going on a rant about how they are disenfranchised because of their load quality. Anybody can pay dues we want PT's to invest a simple minute to cast a vote that will determine our future for the next 5 years, I'm really asking a lot out of the PT's I guess rather be on Facebook or Instagram then vote for economic improvements!
I already do that instead of complain. Maybe you do the same. Maybe you don't. I doubt you do. Maybe you still haven't figured out the part where they don't have much incentive to vote because of the differential in pay. Giving them less of an incentive by giving them a separate contract that will obviously be crappier because of the low participation will only make it worse for everyone. And yeah, the union is already creating factions. It doesn't mean that we need to participate in it. Sounds like idealistic bull:censored2:, but in the end it is all up to us. And it looks like you've already lost that fight. You're probably angrier at the part-timers than the union and the company that support their low position and perpetuate the crap turnout that's getting :censored2: contracts shoved down our throats. Good job.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I already do that instead of complain. Maybe you do the same. Maybe you don't. I doubt you do. Maybe you still haven't figured out the part where they don't have much incentive to vote because of the differential in pay. Giving them less of an incentive by giving them a separate contract that will obviously be crappier because of the low participation will only make it worse for everyone. And yeah, the union is already creating factions. It doesn't mean that we need to participate in it. Sounds like idealistic bull:censored2:, but in the end it is all up to us. And it looks like you've already lost that fight. You're probably angrier at the part-timers than the union and the company that support their low position and perpetuate the crap turnout that's getting :censored2: contracts shoved down our throats. Good job.
I hate to use the old saying but its fitting in this situation, " You can lead the horse to water but you cant make him drink it". I tell all my FT coworkers to vote whether it's a YES vote or a NO vote I do not talk or know any PT's my understanding is someone they encounter and know would be able to give a better understanding to why to vote. Tons of local union reps came out to encourage ALL union employees to vote at our building. Do you want to know the turnout was? 65% that's it, do I blame PT's over the union more for the results of the imposed master and supplements? I blame both equally probably more so the union but both have a part to play in the issues that have occurred this last contract. But you keep preaching the good word you also mentioned in a earlier post about factions when you seemed oblivious to the fact that this has happened already within the union. Like I said you tell your PT's to take 5 mins from Facebook or Instagram and the incentive should already be there with monetary gains to vote so dont give me that bull:censored2: excuse about no incentive.

PT Car Washer

I hate to use the old saying but its fitting in this situation, " You can lead the horse to water but you cant make him drink it". I tell all my FT coworkers to vote whether it's a YES vote or a NO vote I do not talk or know any PT's my understanding is someone they encounter and know would be able to give a better understanding to why to vote. Tons of local union reps came out to encourage ALL union employees to vote at our building. Do you want to know the turnout was? 65% that's it, do I blame PT's over the union more for the results of the imposed master and supplements? I blame both equally probably more so the union but both have a part to play in the issues that have occurred this last contract. But you keep preaching the good word you also mentioned in a earlier post about factions when you seemed oblivious to the fact that this has happened already within the union. Like I said you tell your PT's to take 5 mins from Facebook or Instagram and the incentive should already be there with monetary gains to vote so dont give me that bull:censored2: excuse about no incentive.
Are you telling us that you do not know or choose to talk to any PT Union members even if they are a majority of UPS Teamsters? And that you blame the contract concessions all on the PT members? Instead of blaming everyone else, maybe you should look in the mirror.

BigBrown87

Are you telling us that you do not know or choose to talk to any PT Union members even if they are a majority of UPS Teamsters? And that you blame the contract concessions all on the PT members? Instead of blaming everyone else, maybe you should look in the mirror.
If you mean on top of our entire local coming out handing out flyers and asking people to vote with the monetary gains I should get on my knees and beg these PT's to take 5 minutes on their phones and vote? NO I will not be doing that anytime, if your PT's want their hands held to vote they came to the wrong place to work. Like I said you can point fingers and say we the FT employees should be begging and pleading for any member to vote is complete bull:censored2: excuse you know it. There is incentive to vote with raises and other pension increases if they cant motivate themselves to do something so simple as to go online to vote then we are hopeless as a union to ever meet the 50% turnout that we need to reject an offer.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
The part time pay rate of the new contract is almost pointless around here. It will be about $1 higher than minimum wage for the life of the contract. The majority of the part time work force doesn't care about health care or pension. All they really care about is how much is on the paycheck. You can make the same amount at any fast food place (without a union fee), and you get free food there.
So long as i have my sexy af insurance that doesnt come out of my nickle n dimes preload paycheck, im good.
That pay raise will only be sweeter when i go full time. Guaranteed raises every year...ill work.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
65% of the union is PT why should one class of the union make decisions for the other 45% that votes and has been around longer and is invested in keeping protections for future union employees? I really liked the idea someone had about PT having their own contract and FT having a separate contract as well. We will see the turnout and the results will not lie when it comes to voting participation.
Ft and pt have seperate pension accounts. Why not seperate contracts....tho i heard theyre tryna do away with pt positions and make everyone ft in the long run anyway. Sooooo

BiggieBrown

Most part timers are just passing through we aren't here long enough to take an interest in the company or the contract or the union. I make $160 a week at UPS and get treated like absolute :censored2: while doing it. It's a joke, every part timer I know hates this company and wants to get out as fast as possible. This is just a job to us (a :censored2:ty one too) not a career. If you want part timers to care you should stop treating them like slaves but that will never happen so this is the result. And for the record drivers are just as bad as management when it comes to that. There are a couple cool drivers at my center but the rest of them are complete dickheads and act like they're levitating on a cloud above the part timers. I didn't create this :censored2:ty work environment I found it here waiting on me and I'm not going to bother changing it I'll be gone to bigger and better places soon enough. :censored2: your contract and :censored2: this company.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Most part timers are just passing through we aren't here long enough to take an interest in the company or the contract or the union. I make $160 a week at UPS and get treated like absolute :censored2: while doing it. It's a joke, every part timer I know hates this company and wants to get out as fast as possible. This is just a job to us (a :censored2:ty one too) not a career. If you want part timers to care you should stop treating them like slaves but that will never happen so this is the result. And for the record drivers are just as bad as management when it comes to that. There are a couple cool drivers at my center but the rest of them are complete dickheads and act like they're levitating on a cloud above the part timers. I didn't create this :censored2:ty work environment I found it here waiting on me and I'm not going to bother changing it I'll be gone to bigger and better places soon enough. :censored2: your contract and :censored2: this company.
I don't relish others misery but this was awesome! You and @Sickofit must be pals

F

Frankie's Friend

They get benefits after 9 months so what is you half truth about not getting benefits, and state minimum wage here is 9.50 I was never a mathematician but 13 an hr is more than 9.50. If you really want to pull teeth federal is way less then 9.50. Please go on with more of your great statistics that are not true.
The new contract says 9 mo. The last cba was 12 mo.

badpal

But someday you will look back kindly on the experience. Because you will be grateful that your time here made you strive for better things. I know a kid that worked here who is a bank president today , he often brings up his time at UPS loading trailers.

BigBrown87

But someday you will look back kindly on the experience. Because you will be grateful that your time here made you strive for better things. I know a kid that worked here who is a bank president today , he often brings up his time at UPS loading trailers.
Yeah I dont think this one will last long, I give it another couple months or when the retro checks come in.

Superteeth2478

Oblivious is a better word for a lack of understanding on your part why people in general fail to participate in not only political processes, but in everything in general. It still has nothing to do with part-time vs. full-time. And it's not "my" part-timers, it's everyone's part-timers. One person can't do everything. It's not enough. But if you insist on not getting involved with the part-timers then don't keep complaining when nothing changes. Or go ahead and keep complaining. It won't do anything.

Superteeth2478

BigBrown87 said it himself, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. We can tell him he's part of the problem by not getting involved with the part-timers, but he's going to insist on acting like the problem is everyone else. Anyone who isn't part of the solution really is part of the problem in this situation. You're either informing the part-timers and doing your part to get the information and the vote out or you're fostering their ignorance by keeping your mouth shut knowing we need all the votes we can get. So seriously, look in the mirror for the problem BigBrown87.

BigBrown87

Oblivious is a better word for a lack of understanding on your part why people in general fail to participate in not only political processes, but in everything in general. It still has nothing to do with part-time vs. full-time. And it's not "my" part-timers, it's everyone's part-timers. One person can't do everything. It's not enough. But if you insist on not getting involved with the part-timers then don't keep complaining when nothing changes. Or go ahead and keep complaining. It won't do anything.
Like I said before the entire local came out and handed out flyers, talked to ALL union employees about voting. I can keep explaining the fact that voting is easier then ever and how the union was more vocal about voting but you miss the point. The only person who can cast a ballot is the person that has the opportunity to do so, that said I can beg, plead, wish or hope that everyone does do so. Will I do all these things to ensure somebody's vote was casted? :censored2: NO. I'm not here to babysit anybody or be their mommy as you have asked time and time again. You keep repeating yourself and I keep telling you the same answer. Maybe we should force all PT's to vote before they punch out, unless thats being done we will never achieve a turnout that we need to reject an offer.