UPS’s Union Rejects Labor Contract, Raising Risk of Strike

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by cheryl, Oct 5, 2018.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

UPS Union Ratifies Labor Deal Even Though Members Turned It Down - Bloomberg
    • Wth low turnout, 54% ‘no’ vote wasn’t enough, Teamsters say
    • Contract approval raises turmoil risk for Hoffa and courier
    United Parcel Service Inc.’s union ratified a five-year labor agreement for employees -- even though a majority of members who voted turned it down.

The 54 percent “no” vote wasn’t enough to block the deal under union rules since less than half the membership turned out to cast ballots, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters said in an emailed statement. With such low participation, two thirds of workers would have had to oppose the deal for the rejection to be valid, the union said.

“Thus, the National Master Agreement has been ratified,” the Teamsters said.

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

@cheryl I need a hug. Bring it in.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

:hugs:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  4. Well...that's only part of the story

Many supplements did not pass and they can't shove it up our asses this time

So suck it Dennis

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. quamba 638

quamba 638 Member

I wonder what % of all UPS employees have worked here 6 months or less?

6. DeadOnArrival

DeadOnArrival Belt Wide

There's an original thought! The amount of people UPS crammed in our hub to gain seniority from May till a month ago was staggering. The new hires gained seniority and couldn't put up the numbers that supervisors would have burned them for in the past..

Question is.. were the new ones able to vote? Hope so... I told them all to. :)

7. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Sissy Brown Short Shorts Active Member

I wonder how many that work here could give two :censored2:s about long term contract issues. This is an spectacular reason on why the PTers should either have their own union or not be allowed to vote.

8. llamainmypocket

llamainmypocket Active Member

No. The union should have treated part timers better so they actually had a stake in it.

9. Dulce Bombón

Dulce Bombón I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

Keep bringing me some tissues.:notalone: