UPS 2023 quiet hiring freeze?

Staydryitsraining

Breaking news. Another employee who's supposedly been here for years claims the company who stops hiring every year at the beginning of the year is freezing hiring and laying people off. BREAKING NEWS!!!!

ManInBrown

easy ass jobs are going close to 20 an hour now. It's gonna be hard to convince lazy ass people to do UPS truck driving. So even in a recession hopefully UPS realizes no one is gonna do this level of work without good pay.
Agree, but $20 isn’t $40. That’s a big difference. I’ve always felt that we are paid fairly, even when I was breaking my back in package.

Pullman Brown

UPS Jobs - USA

Most of the listings are for management and automotive, zero for drivers, half a dozen for preloaders.
If you subtract duplicates there might be less than 200 listings. Normal would be around 2,000.

Edited to add: many of the supervisor jobs might be derelict listings, too.

Historically, they do this first quarter. And this.

Commercial Inside Release

I've been tracking jobs at UPS for a long time. Hiring does slow down, but not to zero like it is now.
Basically, all they are hiring right now are low level supervisors. Management themselves have been paranoid that they are going to be laid off, and/or cancelled, but instead it is probably going to be bargaining unit employees that are getting trimmed. We'll see after New Years.

This is a warning if you have the guts to face it. Many don't, and that is why the messenger is ridiculed. Time will tell, but it looks like they are going to stack the centers with tons of extra supervisors, and layoff, harass, and build stacks of warning letters on all of you... For use when it is contract time.

Normally right now, there would still be 1,200-1,800 jobs in operations, instead there are almost ZERO if you don't count management positions.

ManInBrown

UPS is making money hand over fist, am I saying there 100% won’t be a strike? No. But if there is one, we will all be back to work shortly. 7 working days tops. There’s too much money involved. Amazon ain’t buying sheet, they are burning money every day. Take a look at their stock price lately? Sean will get us a fair contract and we will keep it moving till the next one four years later. In the end we are all just trying to make it to retirement. UPS will be around long after every one of us are all dead.

For anyone that isn’t a feeder driver you don’t understand the money UPS is making. As an example, there’s a job where I am that starts at 5pm. The driver goes from the main hub where he starts, to a small satellite building 55 minutes away. You wanna know why he goes to that building? To move one trailer off a door, so they can build a second load. He’s there for five hours waiting for the night load he pulls, to move one trailer off a door. Let that sink in. I did package, package drivers can’t comprehend how stupid feeders is, and how much money UPS is making. They bring drivers in on the weekends and pay them time and a half on Saturday, and double time on Sunday, in the event they need them. Let me repeat, they have nothing for them to do, but they are there in the event they need them. That’s all you need to know. CASH MONEY HAND OVER FIST.

Last edited:

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
I've been tracking jobs at UPS for a long time. Hiring does slow down, but not to zero like it is now.
Basically, all they are hiring right now are low level supervisors. Management themselves have been paranoid that they are going to be laid off, and/or cancelled, but instead it is probably going to be bargaining unit employees that are getting trimmed. We'll see after New Years.

This is a warning if you have the guts to face it. Many don't, and that is why the messenger is ridiculed. Time will tell, but it looks like they are going to stack the centers with tons of extra supervisors, and layoff, harass, and build stacks of warning letters on all of you... For use when it is contract time.

Normally right now, there would still be 1,200-1,800 jobs in operations, instead there are almost ZERO if you don't count management positions.
Harass hubrats on a contract year? Okay

UPSER1987

UPS is making money hand over fist, am I saying there 100% won’t be a strike? No. But if there is one, we will all be back to work shortly. 7 working days tops. There’s too much money involved. Amazon ain’t buying sheet, they are burning money every day. Take a look at their stock price lately? Sean will get us a fair contract and we will keep it moving till the next one four years later. In the end we are all just trying to make it to retirement. UPS will be around long after every one of us are all dead.

For anyone that isn’t a feeder driver you don’t understand the money UPS is making. As an example, there’s a job where I am that starts at 5pm. The driver goes from the main hub where he starts, to a small satellite building 55 minutes away. You wanna know why he goes to that building? To move one trailer off a door, so they can build a second load. He’s there for five hours waiting for the night load he pulls, to move one trailer off a door. Let that sink in. I did package, package drivers can’t comprehend how stupid feeders is, and how much money UPS is making. They bring drivers in on the weekends and pay them time and a half on Saturday, and double time on Sunday, in the event they need them. Let me repeat, they have nothing for them to do, but they are there in the event they need them. That’s all you need to know. CASH MONEY HAND OVER FIST.
Funny how people cite one example and think everything is the same nation wide.

robot

Has A Large Member

Haha damn. Those idiots can’t train a shifter at that small hub to move a trailer?

DOK

UPS Jobs - USA

Most of the listings are for management and automotive, zero for drivers, half a dozen for preloaders.
If you subtract duplicates there might be less than 200 listings. Normal would be around 2,000.

Edited to add: many of the supervisor jobs might be derelict listings, too.
They’re going to be cutting cost big time in the new year I feel with the declining volume, bumping low seniority drivers into the sort.