UPS Access Point

Indecisi0n

The entire point of ordering online is not having to go pick the stuff up. It's really horribly executed. A discount is given to the shipper when they use this service which is why it's so popular. In my opinion, it should be the customer who can choose this service and if they do use it then pass a little bit of the savings on to the customer somehow (via shipping discount).

Tony Q

Our pm oms is getting hate calls all the time from this "demanded service". Its about the shipper and ups saving $$. It is not about takung care of the customer.
I don't think you understand my point. If there is a demand or the company thinks it can make money they are going to try this. Do I like this, no I don't, but what are you going to do about it? You will come here and vent.

Tony Q

Yeah dude weve evolved into orion who doesnt care if we deluver businesses after they close. Its not about thr customer dude its about being publicly traded. Youve got to be a troll.
Who really thinks what I say means that ups cares about the customer? Its all about the money. To be honest I wouldn't want to work at a place that they didn't want to make money. In my opinion you take things very personal. This is a weakness.

tadpole

I like access points. If there is no way for me to get into the apartment building, or if it needs a signature and they are going to be gone every day, or if there is no safe place to leave it, what’s the point of 3 attempts?

I like access points. If there is no way for me to get into the apartment building, or if it needs a signature and they are going to be gone every day, or if there is no safe place to leave it, what’s the point of 3 attempts?
Nobody wants their package stollen. I would rather have 24 hour access to my package near my home. Than have to call ups, have my pkg held for will call, and adjust my schedule, and drive a long distance to pick up my package.

Especially on a Friday. I can get my package when I run errands on the weekend. And not have to take Monday off and wait all day at home.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

I don't think you understand my point. If there is a demand or the company thinks it can make money they are going to try this. Do I like this, no I don't, but what are you going to do about it? You will come here and vent.
Just like you einstein.
Who really thinks what I say means that ups cares about the customer? Its all about the money. To be honest I wouldn't want to work at a place that they didn't want to make money. In my opinion you take things very personal. This is a weakness.
It is a weakness that you care that someone else "takes things very personal". What i take personal is supposed hourly siding with management to cut american jobs for the idol of greed. You should remember that by now dude. Troll on.

F

Frankie's Friend

Nobody wants their package stollen. I would rather have 24 hour access to my package near my home. Than have to call ups, have my pkg held for will call, and adjust my schedule, and drive a long distance to pick up my package.

Especially on a Friday. I can get my package when I run errands on the weekend. And not have to take Monday off and wait all day at home.
"My Choice" may be a lot cheaper in the long run bro.

F

Frankie's Friend

It is a much better thing to take the pkg(s) to the next dr neighbor, get a sig, and go back to lv an infonotice (unless its drugs or looks high dollar) before we stop complete imo.

Brownee

Cover driver. Like them a lot. Very useful in apt complexes where DR or LA/LR is not an option. A couple of my covers has an AP stop. Very slick, now that the bugs are worked out. If I have an AP redirect pkg before the AP stop, the system automatically adds it to that day's AP stop. Stale AP pkg clean out and customer drop-offs are also included in the AP stop. They are installed in Giant Food stores in my area; safe, warm and convenient.

Of course, managers don't know how to work them.

Indecisi0n

How about when you go there to pick it up and it doesn't work because you put your name as "John" on shipping information but your license is "Johnathan"? Or the computer froze ? Or you had a license address change and it won't verify you? And the driver doesn't have access to get your stuff so it sits there for 7 days until it comes out?

Now you might say 7 days suck but I can wait. Can you? Because your package is medication.

The fact that a company as large as UPS couldn't foresee things like this is mind boggling.

How about when you go there to pick it up and it doesn't work because you put your name as "John" on shipping information but your license is "Johnathan"? Or the computer froze ? Or you had a license address change and it won't verify you? And the driver doesn't have access to get your stuff so it sits there for 7 days until it comes out?

Now you might say 7 days suck but I can wait. Can you? Because your package is medication.

The fact that a company as large as UPS couldn't foresee things like this is mind boggling.
Never had a technical issue at my amazon locker that I know of. Or have heard of these issues at the other access points I’ve delivered.

What if you get hit by a train in the Safeway parking lot?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
This is not amazon locker, this is UPS locker.

dgLQ3.gif

Similar tech , different companies

Key words from indecisi0n:

should be the customer who can choose this service

Then, it may be a success for those homes in "porch pirate" areas and apartments

GenericUsername

One of the routes I cover has a locker on it and I have never had an issue. It's pretty simple to use as both the customer and the driver. The only issue I have is that people like to put the items into the locker not in a box... Thankfully I can use a jewelry store near the locker to get a box. I've seen shirts, belts, shoes, :censored2:s, toys, you name it without a box so far. Kinda fun to show the employees at the jewelry store the odd things from time to time...

Indecisi0n

Never had a technical issue at my amazon locker that I know of. Or have heard of these issues at the other access points I’ve delivered.

What if you get hit by a train in the Safeway parking lot?
Amazon lockers VS UPS lockers are totally two different things. Not surprisingly I heard the Amazon lockers work a lot better than our UPS lockers.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I could see a very small number of customers that would need or want this service. It’s certainly not enough to eliminate jobs. The vast majority of people still want their crap delivered to their house.

Amazon lockers VS UPS lockers are totally two different things. Not surprisingly I heard the Amazon lockers work a lot better than our UPS lockers.
I do not have any experience w/ups locker. I can only speak of my experience. I am totally in favor amazon locker and physical access points. (From a customer prospective) I have never seen an issue with them. As a driver, they are kinda a pain.