Turdferguson

Just a turd
We need to pass a law that holds companies, which don't allow their employees to carry, liable for any harm said employees may suffer as a result of not being able to carry.
How are you going to prove that that the reason you got harmed was because you weren't packing heat?

Box Ox

But olroadbeech said she carried a firearm all the time!!

She was an AT-AT pilot during the Battle of Hoth. So I wouldn’t put it past her.

latest

DRporch

as much as id love to carry on the job. could you imagine the bad rep UPS would get every single time an employee pulled a gun and shot a dog?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
as much as id love to carry on the job. could you imagine the bad rep UPS would get every single time an employee pulled a gun and shot a dog?
How much bad rep do they get any time a driver gets mauled by a pack of dogs?
How are you going to prove that that the reason you got harmed was because you weren't packing heat?
Would depend on the specifics of the case. I envision a law that would at least prevent wrongful death cases from being immediately dismissed. Companies send their employees into uncontrolled environments and prevent them from properly protecting themselves, sounds like a liability to me.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
how does UPS get a bad rep when mauled by dogs? if anything they get the sympathy card by everyone but the dogs owners
Kinda my point. It's good for the company when its employees are horrifically maimed, but bad when an employee successfully protects themselves from said maiming. Perhaps a conflict of interest?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
@RonBurgandy?????????? is correct. If your center doesn't have metal detectors and you conceal it properly, it's nobody's business. The only thing you have to worry about is if you deliver to something like a prison or courthouse.