UPS AND THE TEAMSTERS YES PLAN

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Then, you are not being truthful.

Once you actually understand what truth is, then you can start judging other people's truthfulness. Speculation is hypothetical, he is expressing the truth about what he thinks is going on with the contract negotiations. He also offered some evidence to show how he came to believe what he believes. Doesn't make him correct, but he's not being untruthful.

If you have a problem with his statements, then offer your own to counter them, don't just try to attack his character. That's a fallacious argument style known as a personal attack, or ad hominem. A person's character doesn't impact the correctness of his statement or idea.

Last edited:

BrownRecycler

Once you actually understand what truth is, then you can start judging other people's truthfulness. Speculation is hypothetical, he is expressing the truth about what he thinks is going on with the contract negotiations. He also offered some evidence to show how he came to believe what he believes. Doesn't make him correct, but he's not being untruthful.

If you have a problem with his statements, then offer your own to counter them, don't just try to attack his character. That's a fallacious argument style known as a personal attack, or ad hominem. A person's character doesn't impact the correctness of his statement or idea.

I asked him to prove it.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I asked him to prove it.

What he was stating was speculation as to the reason why the contract was taking so long to complete. Most people who read posts like this understand that. He offered this to support his claim.

Why else wasn't this contract wrapped up and voted on before August 31? Previous contracts have been settled months before expiration.

But it is still just speculation.

When someone else pointed out that he was speculating, you answered with:

Then, you are not being truthful.

That's what I took issue with. You are stating that he is lying, and I explained that he was being truthful about what he thinks the reasons for the delay are. He may be wrong, but that doesn't make him a liar.

Can you answer his question? Why else did they take so long to put together a contract to vote on? Do you have some speculation of your own that you believe to be more correct than his speculation? Or do you have concrete evidence that demonstrates the real reason the contract negotiations were not completed on time?

Here's an example of speculation of an alternative reason that answers the OP's question:

The delay tactic is one that UPS has used successfully in the past. UPS doesn't require the union's cooperation to draw out negotiations as long as possible. So it could be that the union was trying to keep everything on track, even taking a strike authorization vote, but couldn't get the company to stop dragging its heels.

BrownRecycler

What he was stating was speculation as to the reason why the contract was taking so long to complete. Most people who read posts like this understand that. He offered this to support his claim.

But it is still just speculation.

When someone else pointed out that he was speculating, you answered with:

That's what I took issue with. You are stating that he is lying, and I explained that he was being truthful about what he thinks the reasons for the delay are. He may be wrong, but that doesn't make him a liar.

Can you answer his question? Why else did they take so long to put together a contract to vote on? Do you have some speculation of your own that you believe to be more correct than his speculation? Or do you have concrete evidence that demonstrates the real reason the contract negotiations were not completed on time?

Here's an example of speculation of an alternative reason that answers the OP's question:

The delay tactic is one that UPS has used successfully in the past. UPS doesn't require the union's cooperation to draw out negotiations as long as possible. So it could be that the union was trying to keep everything on track, even taking a strike authorization vote, but couldn't get the company to stop dragging its heels.

You made good points.

Vote Yes to receive your $300 or more retro check..

Buying UPS part timers votes with their own retro pay has been the plan all along.

This is the most headache part of my argument to be honest.

542thruNthru

Mmmmmmm. I haven’t had KFC or Popeyes in forever!!! Only two thinks I love extra crispy, chicken and my ex wife!

I know I shouldn't ask this but I'm drunk.... your ex? Sorry but don't know many men that say they love their ex wife.

Also has lil wide load come yet? Do you know the sex?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I know I shouldn't ask this but I'm drunk.... your ex? Sorry but don't know many men that say they love their ex wife.

Also has lil wide load come yet? Do you know the sex?
I was trying to make a joke about my ex wife being extra crispy to convey that I wished she died in a fire. Lol.
But it was just a joke. I’m not upset. My current wife is way hotter.
As for baby #2, due in October. I’m having another girl. Couldn’t be happier. However, 3 ladies in the house, I might need to add a bathroom. Lol