UPS announcement About money

Staydryitsraining

Amazon won’t hurt us. We don’t make money on residential business anyway. If I recall correctly and I could be wrong but amazon only accounts to around 10% of our profits. Sure it’s a good chunk but not bad considering how big amazon is.
I don’t see any upper management in any of my buildings, only operations. Ups’ raises are more than sustainable for the next 5 years. As long as other companies continue giving raises, UPS will probably not be in the position of a wage freeze.
Lmao your right. Because if a other company is growing and climbing and can offer more money UPS can pay drivers 45 an hour.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Hog wash---They always told us our center didn't make any money either- period. How the hell can UPS make any money? They also say they don't make money on Ground or COD's or during peak. Nothing seems to work. They may as well give up.
we make money on internationals, airs, and critical healthcare going anywhere

we break even on commercial ground

we lose money on resi ground

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I don’t see any upper management in any of my buildings, only operations. Ups’ raises are more than sustainable for the next 5 years. As long as other companies continue giving raises, UPS will probably not be in the position of a wage freeze.

People have literally been saying this for 25 years. Eventually it may catch up but there’s no real sign of that yet.

every dollar that we spend on wages is a dollar we aren’t spending on growth and expansion

not saying we have to pay pennies, but 35+/hr is totally unsustainable

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
every dollar that we spend on wages is a dollar we aren’t spending on growth and expansion

not saying we have to pay pennies, but 35+/hr is totally unsustainable
They are spending billions per year on growth.

And every year $35 gets cheaper. Eventually it may happen but it’s not happening yet.

F

Frankie's Friend

Cut the dividends, problem solved
Screenshot_20190430-220744_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190430-220640_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20190430-220617_Google.jpg
giphy.gif

Staydryitsraining

People have literally been saying this for 25 years. Eventually it may catch up but there’s no real sign of that yet.
I'm simply looking at business field were in. Then taking into account how much we get oaid
I agree we are behind and it’s their own damn fault but let’s none pretend for one second that if every ups employee agreed to a pay freeze for 5 years that that money would all go to our infrastructure.
It doesn't matter what the money is going to. Amazon is putting companies out of business, right there were loosing volume. Amazon accounts for 47% percent of online sales, they slowly but surely will stop using us to deliver it, were loosing more volume. Amazon will, I think they already are, offer companies cheaper shipping, were loosing volume again. Something has to change.

Brownslave688

I'm simply looking at business field were in. Then taking into account how much we get oaid

It doesn't matter what the money is going to. Amazon is putting companies out of business, right there were loosing volume. Amazon accounts for 47% percent of online sales, they slowly but surely will stop using us to deliver it, were loosing more volume. Amazon will, I think they already are, offer companies cheaper shipping, were loosing volume again. Something has to change.
It’s been covered here. Amazon makes up a small percentage of our packages and a very small percentage of our profits.

You’ve also got to take into account while our share of the pie may be slowly shrinking. The pie is growing greatly in size.
59EA6642-F702-45B8-AE66-8FB6EEB98960.png

This trend is expected to continue.

Brownslave688

UPS Revenue 2006-2019 | UPS

You’re gonna need to back up your assumptions with some facts. You’ve shown nothing yet that indicates a downtrend for ups.

One quarter does not make a trend.