UPS announcement About money

I never said we were going out of business. You live in a bubble if you think Amazon is just delivering smalls. I'm well aware of the profit ups makes off of Amazon isnt significant. I never said Amazon is going to tank us either. Calm down son your getting all worked up.
So now you agree, there is no reason for a wage freeze?

Staydryitsraining

So now you agree, there is no reason for a wage freeze?
Negative. I had a life before UPS. We are taken care of well, because of the union. This is how I see it. We can have all the volume in the world doesn't matter at all if it's not profitable volume. We are already one of if not the most expensive way to ship. With a company who burns money to corner markets how long will that last? When I say things I'm not saying in the next 5 10 years it's going to happen, down the road though it's almost definite. Our wages go up, costs go up, costs go up the company has to find ways to off set that. What do they do? Lay people off? Freeze pay? Kill benefits? Stop hiring? This isnt 1996 UPS. This is wall street UPS, they say jump the company says how high, if they dont the company is wided out. I'm not some selfish ass hat screaming a out what the CEO is making and pretending that I dont make a great living and because the CEO makes a boat load I some how am entitled to even more. This company has given alot of people a great life and I dont agree with the idea of who cares about down the line only care about right now.

Negative. I had a life before UPS. We are taken care of well, because of the union. This is how I see it. We can have all the volume in the world doesn't matter at all if it's not profitable volume. We are already one of if not the most expensive way to ship. With a company who burns money to corner markets how long will that last? When I say things I'm not saying in the next 5 10 years it's going to happen, down the road though it's almost definite. Our wages go up, costs go up, costs go up the company has to find ways to off set that. What do they do? Lay people off? Freeze pay? Kill benefits? Stop hiring? This isnt 1996 UPS. This is wall street UPS, they say jump the company says how high, if they dont the company is wided out. I'm not some selfish ass hat screaming a out what the CEO is making and pretending that I dont make a great living and because the CEO makes a boat load I some how am entitled to even more. This company has given alot of people a great life and I dont agree with the idea of who cares about down the line only care about right now.
Yes possibly a problem down the road. Every business has that possible problem. I agree UPS dropped the ball with amazon in about 1998/99. But we aren’t at the point of freezing/cutting wages as you suggest.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We were inflated by Amazon. Piss poor planning on Atlanta to think and build off of Amazon. They took upper management for years everyone knew their endgame. Our profit will continue to slide with them delivering more and more of their own stuff. Next contract you will see ftd pay frozen at 40. In my opinion our pay should have been frozen at 37.

I never said we were going out of business. You live in a bubble if you think Amazon is just delivering smalls. I'm well aware of the profit ups makes off of Amazon isnt significant. I never said Amazon is going to tank us either. Calm down son your getting all worked up.

You said we need a pay freeze because profits will continue to slide.

Then you say you’re aware our profits from amazon are insignificant.

Brownslave688

Yes possibly a problem down the road. Every business has that possible problem. I agree UPS dropped the ball with amazon in about 1998/99. But we aren’t at the point of freezing/cutting wages as you suggest.
Now he says it’s not 5-10 years away but he’s calling for a pay freeze in 4 years this whole time.

Just keeps changing the story to fit his narrative.

Staydryitsraining

Now he says it’s not 5-10 years away but he’s calling for a pay freeze in 4 years this whole time.

You hate the company we get it. You can not believe a loader misloads on your truck we get it. You wait in the corner to find :censored2: to complain about we get it. Your forced to work at ups we get it. You sit at the building after your done and come in early because without ups you have no life we get it.

I am more than confident that ups is continuing to look at the costs of wages/health and welfare. At the time that ups believes those costs are a threat, they will bring them up in negotiations. I won’t hit them overnight.

You hate the company we get it. You can not believe a loader misloads on your truck we get it. You wait in the corner to find :censored2: to complain about we get it. Your forced to work at ups we get it. You sit at the building after your done and come in early because without ups you have no life we get it.
I assure you, ups will ask for pay freezes/clawbacks long before the issues you describe begin to arise. Might I suggest that you go into management and promptly attend a people/labor class to educate yourself.

Brownslave688

Yeah, where oh where would I be without the 2 days a week I work at ups.

Staydryitsraining

I assure you, ups will ask for pay freezes/clawbacks long before the issues you describe begin to arise. Might I suggest that you go into management and promptly attend a people/labor class to educate yourself.
Might I suggest only using one account on browncafe. Also where is this people class you speak of. Havent been to college in a long time but dont recall such a class.

Might I suggest only using one account on browncafe. Also where is this people class you speak of. Havent been to college in a long time but dont recall such a class.
It’s a management class. They will educate you on handling employees and about contract stuff. The main thing they pushed when I went, was that “management has no right to complain about the contract, since they agreed to it.”

Skooney

Amazon won’t hurt us. We don’t make money on residential business anyway. If I recall correctly and I could be wrong but amazon only accounts to around 10% of our profits. Sure it’s a good chunk but not bad considering how big amazon is.

This might be the dumbest thing I've read all year so far.

1 customer. ONLY 10% of UPS's profit. No big deal.. Lol.. Stick to driving, because you suck at business.

Good thing you're wrong.