UPS announcement About money

Staydryitsraining

UPS Revenue 2006-2019 | UPS

You’re gonna need to back up your assumptions with some facts. You’ve shown nothing yet that indicates a downtrend for ups.

One quarter does not make a trend.
What facts? Amazon is putting companies out of business. When companies close that is volume we did have or could have had. All of my talk is coming from looking at the bigger picture of ecommerce. People care about cheaper, not service. Time will tell. I'm not basing anything on one qt. You think Amazon is going to stop with the 47% they have now? You think they arent already planning on serious undercuts on the shipping industry as a whole to corner that market like they do in every market they go into?

Trailer monkey

We were inflated by Amazon. Piss poor planning on Atlanta to think and build off of Amazon. They took upper management for years everyone knew their endgame. Our profit will continue to slide with them delivering more and more of their own stuff. Next contract you will see ftd pay frozen at 40. In my opinion our pay should have been frozen at 37.
Feel free to send $3.00 per hour back to the company

davidix

We were inflated by Amazon. Piss poor planning on Atlanta to think and build off of Amazon. They took upper management for years everyone knew their endgame. Our profit will continue to slide with them delivering more and more of their own stuff. Next contract you will see ftd pay frozen at 40. In my opinion our pay should have been frozen at 37.

Do you have any real facts about the :censored2: you're saying? Ups was profitable before Amazon you did know that right?

Everyone knows Amazon is taking part of the pie. It's not going to run ups and FedEx out of business.

You do realize Amazon is just a percentage of the business for ups. Just because you see little Van's delivering smalls we're doomed?

Last I checked ups stores are still blowing out. The businesses still get what they need and we still pick up massive amounts of crap. And the residential we do is not just Amazon.

Just quit now so the hybrids can save our jobs..thanks.

DR7

i wish amazon would cut off some of my buildings, it’s drowning us

No you don’t. We finished two years with no amazon last August. Our center was down to 21 routes on Mondays. Amazon comes back and we are running 35 on Mondays and can’t hire enough drivers. Route cutting sucks. Adding routes doesn’t.

No you don’t. We finished two years with no amazon last August. Our center was down to 21 routes on Mondays. Amazon comes back and we are running 35 on Mondays and can’t hire enough drivers. Route cutting sucks. Adding routes doesn’t.
I remember when a heavy delivery day for amazon was 4 little books. (Three of which were send agains)

Staydryitsraining

Do you have any real facts about the :censored2: you're saying? Ups was profitable before Amazon you did know that right?

Everyone knows Amazon is taking part of the pie. It's not going to run ups and FedEx out of business.

You do realize Amazon is just a percentage of the business for ups. Just because you see little Van's delivering smalls we're doomed?

Last I checked ups stores are still blowing out. The businesses still get what they need and we still pick up massive amounts of crap. And the residential we do is not just Amazon.

Just quit now so the hybrids can save our jobs..thanks.
I never said we were going out of business. You live in a bubble if you think Amazon is just delivering smalls. I'm well aware of the profit ups makes off of Amazon isnt significant. I never said Amazon is going to tank us either. Calm down son your getting all worked up.