UPS apparel

SuperNova

I was wondering where some drivers get their extra uniform items. like ups logo socks, lapel pins, etc. ive seen a few ups t shirts around too. I asked my driver, (im a helper right now), and he said its a secret. I was like what the Hel? so anyway, is there an online store, or a catalog for ups logo apparel and items. I saw some ups golf balls on ebay. thats some cool shmit

aspenleaf

thank you very much. let me guess, only drivers have access to the uniform website?

I think so. But you can find some nice cheap UPS stuff on that site. How do you like being a helper? Do you plan to stay with UPS if you are offered a part-time job after peak?

SuperNova

thanks. I absolutly love it. I'm a fast pace type of person anyway, so I feel right at home with UPS. My driver keeps telling me to slow down so i dont make him look bad. haha. my supervisor told me once i turn 21 i will go thru driver training. Ive been a package handler for 3 years and this is my 3rd time as a helper. im 20 now and i turn 21 in oct 2007. I cant wait. we are in need of hard working type drivers. we just had 3 drivers fired becuase they didnt show up for work. they had the mentality that "they need me too much to fire me". i just have to work twice as hard because my driver and i have our route PLUS one of the fired guys routes. so if we hustle were done by 8pm. my friends think im crazy for liking this job, but o well, maybe im crazy. one more thing is that i look good in earthtones. :) thanks for asking.

aspenleaf

Wow, very awesome that you have worked for UPS for 3 years. Tomorrow is my 1 year ann! I also have found that I love the work. I am a full time student also and a bit older than you but on my boxline us older chicks rule!

Goodluck and enjoy peak!

gray squirrel

Supernova and aspenleaf, you are both young and healthy now. Wait until you are in your 40's and this job is destroying you body. Your knees and feet will ache all the time. You will by that time heard and seen so much b.s. that UPS has tried to shove down your throat, that you will want to puke. I would suggest giving two weeks notice, go to school, and get a real job. Just my opinion. Good luck.

aspenleaf

Supernova and aspenleaf, you are both young and healthy now. Wait until you are in your 40's and this job is destroying you body. Your knees and feet will ache all the time. You will by that time heard and seen so much b.s. that UPS has tried to shove down your throat, that you will want to puke. I would suggest giving two weeks notice, go to school, and get a real job. Just my opinion. Good luck.

I am not that young but thanks! I am in school and I consider my preload job to be real and much better than my previous job. I am not sure where you have worked before but all jobs have BS (if you take it that way). I don't think there are any dream jobs out there with no BS; besides there are always sour grapes that ruin the bunch at all jobs.

truckrgrl

My Driver's Grunt
I would suggest giving two weeks notice, go to school, and get a real job. Just my opinion. Good luck.

I understand where you're coming from, grey squirrel... I've driven semi trucks for the past few years, and just came off the road to gain the chance to go back to school. Getting on part-time with UPS (even just seasonal for now) was a good way to facilitate that for me. Hell, that and brown runs in my family (I have an uncle who's driven a feeder route for years and years now).

Overall, I know I can't speak too much about my job here, since this is my first go-around in the brown, but I have worked for companies that treat you much much worse that what I've seen and been told by my driver.

Oh yeah, and SuperNova... I had the same question for my driver when I first got on the truck :cool: At the very least, I wish they'd give me an extra shirt... just one is rather silly when you have to go to a laundromat to wash it...

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
thanks. I absolutly love it. I'm a fast pace type of person anyway, so I feel right at home with UPS. My driver keeps telling me to slow down so i dont make him look bad. haha. my supervisor told me once i turn 21 i will go thru driver training. Ive been a package handler for 3 years and this is my 3rd time as a helper. im 20 now and i turn 21 in oct 2007. I cant wait. we are in need of hard working type drivers. we just had 3 drivers fired becuase they didnt show up for work. they had the mentality that "they need me too much to fire me". i just have to work twice as hard because my driver and i have our route PLUS one of the fired guys routes. so if we hustle were done by 8pm. my friends think im crazy for liking this job, but o well, maybe im crazy. one more thing is that i look good in earthtones. :) thanks for asking.

come back in a few years and tell us about your UPS experience by then.........

hoser

Industrial Slob
good in earth tones? you must be really freakin' pale :laugh:

glad to hear you're liking it and that you want to move around. good to see this within the company:thumbup1:

ps, your friends think you're crazy because they're lazy and hate working hard. :tongue_sm