UPS Auctions lost packages ? Stats on lost packages?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Overgoods go behind a locked door that everyone knows the keycode to. Then eventually find their way into a caged area on the top floor before finally going out to a "clearing house" in town. How long we keep it I would guess falls to many factors and the whim of whoever cleared inventory that day.

WTFm8

I’ve purchased/resold a bit from NPS Store on eBay in Salt Lake City. Have got partial suspension systems, pairs of wheels with little scuffs, titanium factory performance muffler for a newer M3.

I also bought a bunch of GoPro accessories the other year from GovDeals because that’s where USPS lists their auctions out of Atlanta Georgia.

llamainmypocket

I was wondering what the statistics are for lost packages in an average city? I read this article saying that ups auctions off lost packages and unclaimed package inventory. I'm curious what amount of stuff is actually lost and sold.

UPS “Lost” This Guy’s Package, Then He Found It On eBay After It Was Auctioned By UPS

Also curious how much money they make from auctioning off stuff each year?
They don't make anything. It just offsets some of the insurance payouts.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Come on Cos you’re a mod now

Flex your mod muscles
skinny-hardgainer.jpg

Daf

I was wondering what the statistics are for lost packages in an average city? I read this article saying that ups auctions off lost packages and unclaimed package inventory. I'm curious what amount of stuff is actually lost and sold.

UPS “Lost” This Guy’s Package, Then He Found It On eBay After It Was Auctioned By UPS

Also curious how much money they make from auctioning off stuff each year?
I wonder if he will make sure the label is stuck on the package next time.