ups bent me over big time and the union...Termination

backinbrown

respect my authority
I have a family to take care of i will do what it takes to get my job back. I have no guilt I got hurt on the job and was taking meds from there doc. Never been in trouble with drugs or drinking. So No I have no guilt.

If you was hurt you would have to go back to UPS docter at that time they give you a sheet asking what medications you take you have to tell them.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So i didn't miss the exit

If you dont want to give the whole story, don't bring the drama and attention to yourself. This seems like a pity thread from the start. woe-is-me

IMO you don't deserve a driving job for driving dangerously (crossing 2 lanes to make an exit- BRUTAL) and also driving under the influence, which you admitted to, while operating a DOT regulated vehicle.

There's so much to the story you aren't telling and none of it is good for your side of the story, that's for sure. Good luck with it.

drewed

Shankman
And with that decision you put peoples lives at risk and the livelihood of your family GOOD JOB jackoff, people would KILL for a job making 30 bucks an hour and you PISSED IT AWAY...i dont have pity for you, your slopping driving or your sorry for an excuse defense.

sano

And with that decision you put peoples lives at risk and the livelihood of your family GOOD JOB jackoff, people would KILL for a job making 30 bucks an hour and you PISSED IT AWAY...i dont have pity for you, your slopping driving or your sorry for an excuse defense.
Drewed, do you have a horse in this race? A double lane change is not the issue here.
I agree we don't have the whole story.

adam

If you dont want to give the whole story, don't bring the drama and attention to yourself. This seems like a pity thread from the start. woe-is-me

IMO you don't deserve a driving job for driving dangerously (crossing 2 lanes to make an exit- BRUTAL) and also driving under the influence, which you admitted to, while operating a DOT regulated vehicle.

There's so much to the story you aren't telling and none of it is good for your side of the story, that's for sure. Good luck with it.

ok so you no me, saying i'm not a good driver because of jumping two lanes. That really makes me a bad person????? That i should not be a driver. No one is perfect. So are you saying your a perfect driver and follow all the the ups rules, every time you drive??? I can't believe that. All the drivers i know do worst **** than that. What is there that i'm not telling you. I got pulled over for a DUI on meds from my doc and i'm the worst ********ever... There are so many drivers that take meds. and do other things but they have there jobs because they are good drivers and so i'm I i just made a mistake. I was working a 10 hour day on my way back to the hub and got pulled over. I have a clean driving record. Oh yah if you think i was so friend..... up how did i finish my route........

Last edited by a moderator:

drewed

Shankman
Drewed, do you have a horse in this race? A double lane change is not the issue here.
I agree we don't have the whole story.

Well to an extent it is, its what brought suspicion on him.
Hes making it up as he goes, seeing what the best response is.

drewed

Shankman
ok so you no me, saying i'm not a good driver because of jumping two lanes. That really makes me a bad person????? That i should not be a driver. No one is perfect. So are you saying your a perfect driver and follow all the the ups rules, every time you drive??? I can't believe that. All the drivers i know do worst **** than that. What is there that i'm not telling you. I got pulled over for a DUI on meds from my doc and i'm the worst :censored2: ever... There are so many drivers that take meds. and do other things but they have there jobs because they are good drivers and so i'm I i just made a mistake. I was working a 10 hour day on my way back to the hub and got pulled over. I have a clean driving record. Oh yah if you think i was so friend..... up how did i finish my route........

Adam, well if you were done with youre route, why didnt you just go around and come back to the exit? But the point isnt the other drivers youre asking about your situation and we're giving out standpoint of what you told us...What kind of RX were you on?

adam

Well to an extent it is, its what brought suspicion on him.
Hes making it up as he goes, seeing what the best response is.

making it up as i go, really why the friend... would i lie about this. It's what happened to me and yah i friend..... up. So just **** on me.

drewed

Shankman
Well then lay it all out then! You say it was too much to write but you would have saved yourself a lot of grief if you would have spent another couple mins to type it out

adam

Adam, well if you were done with youre route, why didnt you just go around and come back to the exit? But the point isnt the other drivers youre asking about your situation and we're giving out standpoint of what you told us...What kind of RX were you on?
I was almost over on my hours and needed to get back to the hub, well what-ever you seem to not believe me and the meds where vicidon

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Adam, I do have to question why you would come here with something as personal as this and subject yourself to the court of public opinion. The worst part is that you seem to change the story based upon the responses that you get.

I do have to admit that, based upon what you have posted, IMO your termination was indeed justified.

I do hope things work out for you and wish you well in your future.

P.S. You replied as I was typing my post. Vicodin?! Are you kidding me? You were driving a pkg car while on Vicodin?! You're lucky you didn't kill someone!!

drewed

Shankman
Which is a schedule II controlled substance... so Im not seeing where you have any wiggle room.....
You broke traffic law got pulled over, he asked you if you were taking meds you said yes he searched saw it was a controlled substance, you got a DUI then fired.

P

pickup

I don't feel the impulse to jump on adam yet because sometimes our thoughts don't come out well when we type especially with an issue that is dear to our hearts and pocketbooks. Adam, as you stated, your license is revoked , did this happen before or after your termination? I don't know too much about how these things work but if your license was revoked, then you can't do the job that they hired you to do. So, let's say that things went your way, and your license is reinstated due to a completely successful court case, and you somehow managed to get your job back through another hearing (is that possible?) , ups wouldn't have to give you back pay for the time your license was revoked so it seems to me they( ups) made a decision that has no negative consequences for them. As for the encounter with the chp officer, I would bet you got at least three tickets (improper lane change, reckless driving, and dui). It also sounds like you had a nasty encounter with the chp officer which means that he probably went for the six pack (six tickets if he can justify it) (especially considering that california is broke and that chp officers are more tax collection officers than safety officers) Mind you, most cops got into the job to serve and protect , not to serve and collect.
So with that said, the cop will come up to you nasty , pissed off over what he perceived (maybe rightfully so) to be a dangerous stunt. I am betting that you answered in the same tone which the cop loved because he is not attempting to extract money from a nice guy but now from what you have become in his eyes : not a nice guy. Even if you beat the dui rap, I think it will be harder to beat the crossing over two lanes (two tickets? reckless driving and the illegal lane change, the first one is enough for termination if guilty) . A lot of speculation on my part, but how close did I get to the target? Not looking to jump on you , adam

drewed

Shankman
I was almost over on my hours and needed to get back to the hub,

Hey sorry center manager, I was in a hurry so I broke the law and killed someone....
Sorry Mrs Smith I was in a hurry to get home to my family, so I decided to break the law and I guess that outweighed the life of your husband and the father of your children....

adam

Which is a schedule II controlled substance... so Im not seeing where you have any wiggle room.....
You broke traffic law got pulled over, he asked you if you were taking meds you said yes he searched saw it was a controlled substance, you got a DUI then fired.
by the why r u a sup. or managment??
there is a driver in my hub that did a hit-run in company truck and nothing happen to him, another driver got cought doing cocane in the truck and still has his job, So i'm not the only one thats has done something bad and many drivers take painkillers and drive. Yah i loved my job 2.