Ups brags about contract and cut everybody’s pay

tramtwo

On the bright side it can't towards your full-time pension
Hopefully you'll get a regular package car position soon and make some real money
I moved out of RPCD into this job. I'm long in the tooth... and was working 6 days a week for 3 years solid because of our strong union. Lol

The move reduce the wear and tear on my body by 80% in allows me to extend my career by maybe even a decade if I choose.

We got an old guy approaching 45 years and he's going to start collecting his full social security and his paycheck. He couldn't be happier. 🤔

I moved out of RPCD into this job. I'm long in the tooth... and was working 6 days a week for 3 years solid because of our strong union. Lol

The move reduce the wear and tear on my body by 80% in allows me to extend my career by maybe even a decade if I choose.

We got an old guy approaching 45 years and he's going to start collecting his full social security and his paycheck. He couldn't be happier. 🤔
My philosophy is if I'm going to work here I want to make as much as I can I'm not going to take a lesser job unless I needed another year or so so I could retire.

I don't want to work here forever, I just want enough pension money to live off

PT Car Washer

Well I don't consider myself an old guy but I will have to make the decision soon if I want to continue working and collect SS and my pension or retire completely. I guess a lot will depend on my health at that point.

Brownwind

Well I don't consider myself an old guy but I will have to make the decision soon if I want to continue working and collect SS and my pension or retire completely. I guess a lot will depend on my health at that point.
Hopefully it works. Retirement is soon for a lotta us. I personally just made a few moves to get ready.

cynz

No one's talking about, pt get ot after 6 hrs. For me this is the best contract I've had at 32yrs. I received 4.25 raise and ot after 6 hrs. We still get Pacific Coast .40 every hour. 8 weeks' vacation.
And I don't know if a lot of employees know that when you turn 65 you can get your pension and still get you hourly pay.
One guy is making 12,000 a month.

Brownwind

No one's talking about, pt get ot after 6 hrs. For me this is the best contract I've had at 32yrs. I received 4.25 raise and ot after 6 hrs. We still get Pacific Coast .40 every hour. 8 weeks' vacation.
And I don't know if a lot of employees know that when you turn 65 you can get your pension and still get you hourly pay.
One guy is making 12,000 a month.
Pt making 12k a month? Good for him. Unfortunately he is making the wage in a very expensive state.

Max Headroom

If they bid an Article 22.3 air combo job.... the company cannot "re-classify" the job as Article 40.
They can move any article 22.3 job anywhere, you now this. They can also reconfigure any 22.3 job. The only thing UPS has to do is maintain the current job number and if the move it, be able to tell the local where the job went.

cynz

The guy making 12,000 a month is fulltime in building. I just brought it up because a lot of employees don't know if your 65 you can draw your pension and still work at ups getting your reg paycheck.
Also, the west isn't only CA.

PT Car Washer

Nonsense.

What kind of weak Local do you work in ?
Sounds like this is happening in other Locals also. RTW state but still have close to 100% Union participation. The company is really playing hardball before and since the contract settlement. Trying to squeeze every Nichol of our raise back.

cynz

I live in a rtw state . Which sucks. One day one of my many supervisors (we have 26 pt sups and 6 full time sups) told me I had been getting an extra dollar an hour, he says I shouldn't off. I told him OK so take it out, and I said I'm not paying any back, that's on you guys. I had to file and get the union to have a meeting with the labor guy. Turns out they changed my classification which gave me a 1.00. But in reality, they changed my classification to hide my hours. The union guy said they can only go back 10 days, which I didn't have to pay back anything.

tramtwo

The 22.3 bid combo air/inside guys all received the longevity raise... finally! This raise is only applied to our inside rate. The retro retro checks are due in about Christmas time.

Over the life of my career, this is about a 7k grievance win! 😎

BrownSnowFlake

What’s wrong with working in a copper mine? Hey @Bastiatian, you hear this fool?
I used to work (not at UPS) with this guy Craig. He was the dumbest mfer you ever met, I think he was actually retarded. He told my other coworker Martín to show him more respect bc “I used to work at a copper mine.”

Martín asked him “What did you do there, stand outside and sell cigarettes?”. I got a pretty good chuckle out of that. I still think about it from time to time and it was over 10 years ago now.