Ups brags about contract and cut everybody’s pay

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I agree because this confuses the crap out of me!

article-2082232-0F56BAA000000578-874_1024x615_large.jpg

Chaz Bono
IMG_5049.gif

PT Car Washer

Don’t let the union lie to you you didn’t receive a fat raise The CEO publicly laughed at how little she gave us. 3.5% compounded is less than the rate of inflation. We’re losing money every year. The standard raise among employers is 5.9%. wake up people were union brothers we have to look out for each other because the union of the company are on the same side
My raise was closer to 12%.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I miss the copper mine I worked at. I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could move my obligations closer.

It's also the only place I ever worked that trains you exactly how they want you to work.
No nonsense in copper mining, work ore else!

tramtwo

If they bid an Article 22.3 air combo job.... the company cannot "re-classify" the job as Article 40.
As a 22.3 air combo driver how we get paid and what services we provide all come under article 40. (Although technically there are no more article 40 jobs being created. The guys who are article 40 who retire are replaced with 22.3 air/inside jobs.)

The issue that I'm having with this and I've written the grievance for the last two paychecks, is that a fulltime air combo driver's inside rate is based on company seniority as though they had been part-time the entire time. When I bid into this job my inside rate was calculated based on this article 40 formula because I had no established inside rate.

Now I'm being told by the company that because I'm full-time I'm not eligible for the longevity raise on my inside rate. As a result of the new contract, a part-timer with less time than me, that sometimes covers air drivers, now makes more money inside than I do when coded inside.

The inside rate for an air combo driver should not be based on a part-time number. (Maybe this can be changed next contract) There should be a progression just like on the air side and just like the inside/inside currently.

As a 22.3 air combo driver how we get paid and what services we provide all come under article 40. (Although technically there are no more article 40 jobs being created. The guys who are article 40 who retire are replaced with 22.3 air/inside jobs.)

The issue that I'm having with this and I've written the grievance for the last two paychecks, is that a fulltime air combo driver's inside rate is based on company seniority as though they had been part-time the entire time. When I bid into this job my inside rate was calculated based on this article 40 formula because I had no established inside rate.

Now I'm being told by the company that because I'm full-time I'm not eligible for the longevity raise on my inside rate. As a result of the new contract, a part-timer with less time than me, that sometimes covers air drivers, now makes more money inside than I do when coded inside.

The inside rate for an air combo driver should not be based on a part-time number. (Maybe this can be changed next contract) There should be a progression just like on the air side and just like the inside/inside currently.
That's why nobody wants those garbage 22.3 combo jobs, especially if you don't have a lot of seniority

Thebrownblob

Sounds like a mess

PT Car Washer

This is exactly what the company has done to our Preload/air drivers. A 22.3 load/unload job will be paying a lot more then an Art 40 combo job. Most of our Preload/air drivers are just waiting to bid off the job to a regular 22.3 job.

tramtwo

Sounds like a mess
For the life of me and I cannot find out. No one seems to know why there's not a progression for the inside part of an air/inside job?!
That's why nobody wants those garbage 22.3 combo jobs, especially if you don't have a lot of seniority
Yeah I'm the least senior air/inside person. It's a great job for those who are looking to extend their career and continue to earn credit towards the full-time pension.

That's exactly why I took the position. It was only available to me with only 15 years of companies seniority because nobody wanted the Tuesday through Saturday schedule. As soon as all of my co-workers saw me smiling every morning, they regretted not taking the position. :D
This is exactly what the company has done to our Preload/air drivers. A 22.3 load/unload job will be paying a lot more then an Art 40 combo job. Most of our Preload/air drivers are just waiting to bid off the job to a regular 22.3 job.
The inside inside jobs progress to a top rate. That's the exact same as the top rate when I'm delivering air. Again, I have no idea how the practice of paying an air/ inside an inside rate based on a part time figure.

It's my contention that the company can't have it both ways. They can't tell me that I'm not qualified for the longevity raise of $1.50 because I'm a full-time employee and then pay me a rate based on a part-time number. The real problem is is that even members of the union leadership don't seem to understand this. We had to beg for them to push my initial grievance through.

For the life of me and I cannot find out. No one seems to know why there's not a progression for the inside part of an air/inside job?!

Yeah I'm the least senior air/inside person. It's a great job for those who are looking to extend their career and continue to earn credit towards the full-time pension.

That's exactly why I took the position. It was only available to me with only 15 years of companies seniority because nobody wanted the Tuesday through Saturday schedule. As soon as all of my co-workers saw me smiling every morning, they regretted not taking the position. :D

The inside inside jobs progress to a top rate. That's the exact same as the top rate when I'm delivering air. Again, I have no idea how the practice of paying an air/ inside an inside rate based on a part time figure.

It's my contention that the company can't have it both ways. They can't tell me that I'm not qualified for the longevity raise of $1.50 because I'm a full-time employee and then pay me a rate based on a part-time number. The real problem is is that even members of the union leadership don't seem understand this. We had to beg for them to push my initial grievance through.
On the bright side it can't towards your full-time pension
Hopefully you'll get a regular package car position soon and make some real money