UPS Circle of Honor drivers

wornoutupser

It is pathetic that an honor such as Circle of Honor has been thrown by the wayside.

UPS wants to parade a list of names to the public but that is all that the program is these days. A list of names.

I have previously posted that I had to fight for a year to get mine and that three drivers had one cake to share.

For me it was just about fighting for what was right for all three of us.

If UPS really wanted to push long term safe driving, they easily could cut a little off David Abney's bonus and fund the program. A little recognition never hurts.

ManInBrown

I went to Chicago in the winter to see my son graduate from naval boot camp. Holy cow! I went straight to Bass Pro shop in Gurnee and told the salesperson to give me the warmest jacket you have.
Chicago is brutal. Went a few years ago for the first time in January. Had tickets to a Bulls game. Quick 3 day trip. I live in NJ, and we get cold weather in the winter. Chicago is no friend’ n joke. I sheet you not it was 5 degrees outside and it felt like 40 below. I took one step outside my hotel the morning after i got there and i said hell no. It was unreal. I have never in my life felt cold like that.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It is pathetic that an honor such as Circle of Honor has been thrown by the wayside.

UPS wants to parade a list of names to the public but that is all that the program is these days. A list of names.

I have previously posted that I had to fight for a year to get mine and that three drivers had one cake to share.

For me it was just about fighting for what was right for all three of us.

If UPS really wanted to push long term safe driving, they easily could cut a little off David Abney's bonus and fund the program. A little recognition never hurts.

screw all that

I wanted nothing from these people but a paycheck on Friday

Sure didn’t need the half assed recognition from a guy that was threatening to fire me a month ago

34yearpackagehumper

I got a nice looking sport coat that was to small .They were back and forth about getting me another one. I never did get it ! It now hangs in my closet never been worn.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I got a nice looking sport coat that was to small .They were back and forth about getting me another one. I never did get it ! It now hangs in my closet never been worn.

You could use it if you ever decide to start selling real estate.

The jackets, especially the leather ones, are nice but there are really no social occasions where they could be worn.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've worn mine to the club and the high dollar grocery store in my area several times.

It seems to get the ladies attention.

Can you smell what the Trickster's got cookin'?
I was thinking of recruiting a couple of hoes and wearing my Century 21 jacket with a nice Fedora hat with a big feather in it. Maybe get a big ol Caddy too.

quad decade guy

Got the leather jacket and 2 hats and some other small stuff. Cake with the Division Mgr. At that time,

the current Mgr. thought it was a big deal and I believe, did all he was allowed(considering budget).

This was 4 years ago. I asked for replacement hats.....uh no way "just can't do it...money and

all..." Mine are green with sweat stains and smell pretty awful. I try to wear them as close to mgt.

as possible....I get 30 yrs. next year. All of my 26-29 have gone straight to the round file. That's

where my 25 award went. I do have my nice(for UPS anyway) 30 year service plaque....somewhere.

I think my wife moved it to the room we never use. BTW 31-39 years don't seem to mean much

to the Co.

quad decade guy

WOW that was a long time ago?? Lets see?

They did put us up in a hotel for the night and took us on a harbor cruise dinner. Then all of us drivers and spouses met in the bar and finished up the nite. In my time with UPS that was by far the nicest party and tribute to drivers I had ever experienced. They handed me a C-21 looking salesman jacket size Medium or Large I believe. I gave it to another driver who it fit that night. Never saw another one nor did I care. Also got a glass plaque.

Unlike some, I am not bitter over how my career went at UPS! Sure there were knuckle headed people that had virtually "NO PEOPLE SKILLS" as my boss at times. But as we all knew they would disappear over time. I had some "VERY COOL" Sups, Managers and Customer's along my time there! Many still friends today! Those that wanted to butt heads? I would just "WORK AS DIRECTED" sure, had to do more time and made more money but "WAD" is the most effective tool ever taught to me by management!!! Plus I am not the type to take work stuff personal, I would just adjust to the circumstances.

I could see what they did for you, 30 years ago when we had catalogues with guns for prizes!

I admire your attitude. There are a few mgt. I would NOT PISS ON IF THEY WERE ON FIRE.

Foamer Pyle

One manager displayed football jerseys with our name on them, the next manager threw out the jerseys in the trash and our next manager told me she rode with me and has no idea how I got in Circle of Honor!
After you hit that car in the grocery store parking lot.