UPS Contract passed today by executive vote

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Not talking about today......obviously what I was trying to say that MAYBE YES MAYBE 20 years down the road if UPS keeps getting concessions from the Union you may be paying a lot more than today. I tell no lies..My rates are going up, more than likely in due time yours will also..so where are the lies you are talking about? I was making a general blanket statement concerning future hikes for all which is more than likely going to happen the way things are going with the Union giving away the farm while UPS is making Billions. $250 today, how about 5 -10 yrs from now..you are in la la land if you think the rates won't go up. What you are told when you retire to expect will change......Can only get worse, I don't see it getting better when the Votes of members are meaningless........
I have been on union administered healthcare benefits for 28 years. My insurance WILL NOT change as a result of the new contract being ratified. My locals healthcare has about a 20 month surplus as of today and the pension fund is in the green. Overall a very well run organization. I fully expect rates to increase marginally by the time I retire in about 3 years. Pension will increase by $400 a month with this new contract and I might have to give a hundred back for health insurance. Big Whoopee.

ncupser82

Once your grievance has been properly filed....

The company, can't even discuss it with you.

If management tries to resolve it with you (prior to involvement with your Local Union)

That is the basis, for a Labor Board Charge.

-Bug-
Oh really? Weird I brought up one instance to my BA and he didn't mention anything. My center manager was actually asking me to "rip up the past"... He was adamant about talking about getting rid of the grievance (no wonder the on car supervisor walked away...thought that was odd too)...

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Milkman

If I were to retire today my pension would be around $2800 a month and would have to pay about $250 a month for health benefits. Not quite half by my math. You can stop spewing lies cause I ain't buying it!

$250 a month does not include now a deductible, paying 20% for meds when the were free with mail in service, the next yr the monthly plan goes up again and again the following year, co pays now 20%, paying less for dental. I am guessing for me this new enhanced Great Contract will cost me give or take a grand about 8-10k in the next few yrs..Thanks just what I was not promised in my retirement pkg..Could be more..a lot more depending on my luck. This will cost everyone more down the road so planning when on a fixed income will change..This is affecting all other retirees in one way or another. If you are working now you will not feel the pain as much and I don't need any sympathy as I can manage it is just the principle of the way current employees are voting their future away litle by little...You said there may be no pension when you retire..why do you think that?.More than likely you see how the future is slowly slipping away...Band together and stop the bleeding before it really is too late

The Milkman

Don't waste your time with these guys Milkman, they will never get what you're trying to say.

When and if you guys retire, you'll understand how hard it is to sit back and not have a vote.

For the brother that says that he probably won't have a pension from UPS when he is ready to retire. You'll need to max out your 401k and look to other means to make money when you can't hump that cardboard anymore. With UPS not matching your contributions to your 401k I don't see how you'll be able to save 1.5 to 2 million dollars that you'll lose in the pension monies that you should be getting. Figure at least 30 years of life left if you retire at age 55 and that pension looks better and better. Better yet, you guys better hope that the stock market gets some hefty returns on your money in the coming years without hitting another slump that is sure to come.

Having to rely on the brothers and sisters that are active workers now for support as a retiree is long gone. Hopefully something will wake you guys up and understand that a Union divided is no longer a Union. The company has you guys right where they want you...by the balls.

Another Union Brother who at least understands my points..I know we are both in the same boat from our local in Jersey, sadly we are taking on water......with only asd's to plug the holes

ncupser82

Must be a youngster..Gunner..Runner..eventually they all break down in due time...........Seen it happen , sure you have seen it also...every ctr has one....or two......only hurting themselves in the long run
I'm 31 and I've been driving for 8 years now. I don't run, and I sure as hell don't gun! I use my handrail on and off my truck, square my shoulders when I close my bulk head door, use my handcart when packages are too heavy, oh and I even stretch before work! I don't speed, follow all applicable traffic laws, and even stop on yellow! I've already said before I don't work for production, I work for money!

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Milkman

I have been on union administered healthcare benefits for 28 years. My insurance WILL NOT change as a result of the new contract being ratified. My locals healthcare has about a 20 month surplus as of today and the pension fund is in the green. Overall a very well run organization. I fully expect rates to increase marginally by the time I retire in about 3 years. Pension will increase by $400 a month with this new contract and I might have to give a hundred back for health insurance. Big Whoopee.

Can the same be said for ncupser82?

ncupser82

Don't waste your time with these guys Milkman, they will never get what you're trying to say.

When and if you guys retire, you'll understand how hard it is to sit back and not have a vote.

For the brother that says that he probably won't have a pension from UPS when he is ready to retire. You'll need to max out your 401k and look to other means to make money when you can't hump that cardboard anymore. With UPS not matching your contributions to your 401k I don't see how you'll be able to save 1.5 to 2 million dollars that you'll lose in the pension monies that you should be getting. Figure at least 30 years of life left if you retire at age 55 and that pension looks better and better. Better yet, you guys better hope that the stock market gets some hefty returns on your money in the coming years without hitting another slump that is sure to come.

Having to rely on the brothers and sisters that are active workers now for support as a retiree is long gone. Hopefully something will wake you guys up and understand that a Union divided is no longer a Union. The company has you guys right where they want you...by the balls.
I've been saving in my 401k since I was a part timer...I'm no analyst but my portfolio looks pretty good so far...

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Milkman

I'm 31 and I've been driving for 8 years now. I don't run, and I sure as hell don't gun! I use my handrail on and off my truck, square my shoulders when I close my bulk head door, use my handcart when packages are too heavy, oh and I even stretch before work! I don't speed, follow all applicable traffic laws, and even stop on yellow! I've already said before I don't work for production, I work for money!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Still a pup, I started at 30...in about another 15-18 yrs let us know how you feel. Gee I wonder why ball players are done at 35-36? Just playing a game.....

ncupser82

Still a pup, I started at 30...in about another 15-18 yrs let us know how you feel. Gee I wonder why ball players are done at 35-36? Just playing a game.....
Haters gonna hate! I started at 23...I got all my running out of the way...and I think you owe me an apology!

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Sent using BrownCafe App
You could be the safest driver ever and never actually get hurt, but just the pure repetition of your joints doing the same thing over and over and over again will catch up to your body. Think of it like this. You run 5 to 10 miles a day for 10,15,20 years, eventually something is going to wear out. That's just the way the human body is designed.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Most of the injuries on this job aren't from the driver actually getting hurt doing something stupid or not correctly, most of them are from joint repetition movements.

ncupser82

Most of the injuries on this job aren't from the driver actually getting hurt doing something stupid or not correctly, most of them are from joint repetition movements.
I understand! I'm praying for the marvel of modern medicine to come rescue me from that inevitable demise!

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Milkman

You could be the safest driver ever and never actually get hurt, but just the pure repetition of your joints doing the same thing over and over and over again will catch up to your body. Think of it like this. You run 5 to 10 miles a day for 10,15,20 years, eventually something is going to wear out. That's just the way the human body is designed.

The pup needs to let your post sink in. I have the scars to show what happens over time..Sounds like the pup still has a little runner left in him..A rotator tear(oops won't happen, they have power steering now) a torn acl (oops they have lower steps to get in the pkg car) a pulled back muscle( oops now they have lower shelves in the trk) not like the wooden ones in days past that were higher without thought of ergonomics..No meniscus tears on your clutch knee(oops now they have automatics).........I wonder why Ups slowly made changes? Because of all the Workmans comp cases against them over the years, Many have scars from years past and now the benefits due them in retirement are whittled away contract after contract

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I understand! I'm praying for the marvel of modern medicine to come rescue me from that inevitable demise!

Sent using BrownCafe App
You like me bro, just prey to god I can be lucky like some of our older guys who made it to the finish line, who I got mad respect for by the way, and can make it to the finish line. That's all we can wish and prey for bro. Itll be what it will be ya know. Ya take what comes as you get older, that's all we can do. :happy2:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
inspire-others-8.jpg
lol
Is that how you sprained your :censored2:? Reaching for the pimp juice? lmao