UPS Contract passed today by executive vote

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Attention all stewards: The National Contract will be implemented this Friday 4/25/14. The new raises will take effect the following Monday. The back pay checks will be sent out in a timely manner they will be separate checks and will be taxed at your normal payroll tax rate. The Team care insurance enhancements will be put into effect on 6/1/14. I will send out more information as I get it. Please help me spread the news. Thank you (728 BA)

J

jibbs

Wait, wait, wait.... so they basically said "Screw what the Teamsters want," discarded all previous votes regarding the supplements and riders that had yet to be voted in and ushered in the new contract?

As a part-timer, I'm all for getting a raise and a retro check for backpay, but this doesn't seem like the right way to get it.... I'd be mad as all hell if I were part of one of the locals that had been holding out on voting yes. I'm actually kind of irritated anyways, and I'm being given stuff.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
In terms of our pay.. Are we getting a raise or is our pay staying the same on April 25
Attention all stewards: The National Contract will be implemented this Friday 4/25/14. The new raises will take effect the following Monday. The back pay checks will be sent out in a timely manner they will be separate checks and will be taxed at your normal payroll tax rate. The Team care insurance enhancements will be put into effect on 6/1/14. I will send out more information as I get it. Please help me spread the news. Thank you (728 BA)

undies

GREAT. I assume they will leave the gory details out as to how they forced it down the throats of the holdouts. Kind of hard to believe the 250 situation didn't effect this at all...

PHLtroublemaker

It should read "the TEAMCARE downgrade" will be put into effect on 6/1/14

Sent using BrownCafe App

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Unfortunately it's a democracy and the majority ruled.

I feel bad for the last supplements standing but the mantra "vote no twice and take the last best offer" doesn't always work for you.

Sent using BrownCafe App