UPS Contract passed today by executive vote

J

jibbs

Are part timers or Air drivers owed any retro pay? I have no idea.

Part-timers, yes.

I'm not sure about air drivers.

Basically, if you get a raise when the new contract goes into effect on the 25th, you're owed backpay as that raise should've gone into effect August 1st of last year.

FedUPS413

As much as I hate IBT imposing its will, in this instance I believe out was the right thing to do. The Master agreement was passed by members and a small portion in Midwest was holding up the entire population for a local agenda.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Blackstream

Man, I was expecting having to hold out until at least june/july, and was kind of hoping to hit august before this was resolved for slightly selfish personal reasons.

At least I'll find out within a week exactly the raise I'm gonna get (I was still on PT progression and I got a raise after august 1st, so my circumstances are a bit weird).

I'm sorry for those of you forced into this contract though. I wanted the contract to pass myself, but this does seem like a crappy way to have all this resolve. I had been hearing from my BA that this was a thing that might happen, but I've heard so many things that I didn't know if it could actually be resolved like this.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Here is the memo...
ScreenCap14 Apr. 23 16.18.jpg

ScreenCap15 Apr. 23 16.18.jpg

alwaysoverallowed

It says 95% of the UPS members voted to approve their agreements but I thought only 30% or so actually voted. So much fail. The IBT shouldn't have put a number like that out there because it's not close to accurate.