UPS Contract passed today by executive vote

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
You are not a new part time employee who got screwed over on this contract.

I was part time for 5 years back in the 80's and was making $13 plus an hour for about 38 hours a week before I went driving.

What will a part timer make if they are hired today after 5 years- about the same, but way fewer hours. And then figure in inflation. Now you see what I mean. They will be making a lot less after 5 years than some one in the 80's doing the same job. That sucks. This was a bad deal for the part timers and I am not ever going to bring into this conversation the 4 year wage progression and the extra amount of years it will take to go full time.
how do you figure? I get about 27/wk.

Why don't you make PTers an issue in 2018? Other than an overdue starting wage increase, we weren't an issue in this contract.

Last edited:

Big Bad Wolf

You really need to ask this question? You can't figure it out?

How about what part timers where making in the 80's adjusted for inflation?

Hoffa must love his blind follower dumb a rocks.
You can't even answer the question? I was a blind TDU follower until I crossed them. So again, can you answer the question? Or do you not have an opinion today because you didn't read your Convoy Dispatch or Labor Notes?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

You are not a new part time employee who got screwed over on this contract.

I was part time for 5 years back in the 80's and was making $13 plus an hour for about 38 hours a week before I went driving.

What will a part timer make if they are hired today after 5 years- about the same, but way fewer hours. And then figure in inflation. Now you see what I mean. They will be making a lot less after 5 years than some one in the 80's doing the same job. That sucks. This was a bad deal for the part timers and I am not ever going to bring into this conversation the 4 year wage progression and the extra amount of years it will take to go full time.
Why didn't Carey raise the starting part-time wages in 97?

Stonefish

Your statements are an indication of why its not worth posting on this issur. You lie and withold truth about so many issues...you and your 407 buddies.
So many regions didnt have the healthcare changes we had and they voted in the NMA that negatively affected our healthcare plan.
The MMI language that the IBT allowed to be in the first round and the service, safety, and methods language in Art 17, the list is long.
Live in your profound fantasy world all you want to.
Hopefully there will be a reckoning and I'll be retired long enough to say yeah, they reaped what they sowed.
Blah blah you're going to retire in an unsustainable plan? I hope you get to retire also. Then you can collect your pension and healthcare and complain to everyone how you got screwed.

Stonefish

Hahaha. We would be on a picket line for 6months to a year.

Sent using BrownCafe App
He was the savior don't you know that. The world was soooo much better under him. I mean really I was a proud teamster when the IBT headquarters was in dire need of repair and falling apart. I was a proud teamster when the starting wage rate went from $8 per hour to $20 per hour for part-time employees. Yep Carey sure saved the world. NOT

Griff

Bunch of idiots obsessed over a stupid retro check. It's really quite pathetic how short sighted 99% of me-sters are.

How about you learn how to live properly (well under your means) and you won't have to sacrifice the future over fear of not receiving a 70 cent raise.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Big Bad Wolf

Bunch of idiots obsessed over a stupid retro check. It's really quite pathetic how short sighted 99% of me-sters are.

How about you learn how to live properly (well under your means) and you won't have to sacrifice the future over fear of not receiving a 70 cent raise.

Sent using BrownCafe App
So the majority of UPSers are me-sters because they don't follow your idiotic philosophy. Maybe you can explain your case a bit better?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Big Bad Wolf

He was the savior don't you know that. The world was soooo much better under him. I mean really I was a proud teamster when the IBT headquarters was in dire need of repair and falling apart. I was a proud teamster when the starting wage rate went from $8 per hour to $20 per hour for part-time employees. Yep Carey sure saved the world. NOT
And employed thieves.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So I have to ask, what part of Hoffa/Hall failing to do their jobs do you not understand?

And you think this.... is the answer ??

Let's make no mistake.... TDU and reformers, are one and the same.

I have asked this question before. Why didn't Pope have a slate in the last election ??

It was because, she was helping Hoffa/Hall.... split the vote against Gegare.

"Politics, make strange bedfellows".

Now you know.

-Bug-