UPS Contract passed today by executive vote

Your thoughts have nothing to do with reality. You have no clue as to my life at all.

So why bother guessing? Does it make you feel better about your lot in life?

And as for being the master of insults, when I am dealing with over grown play ground bullies, I never play nice. I always hit hard and with the truth.

It's the only weapon that works.

If you want a spread your Hoffa love , and ganging up on the opposition on BC, you are always going find me right here in your way.
So you are kinda saving the universe just on this site?

So we just screw over the part timers because they are lining up to get a job at UPS?

As long as you get yours, it's OK to screw over the part timers?
It's a part time job. It is not meant to break the bank. If you want to live like Jay Z you have to be Jay Z. If you want to live in your moms basement stay a part timer.

You are deflecting off the issue of Hoffa/Hall and the Old Guard totally betraying our union brothers in Kentucky and Pennsylvania.

Having problems facing reality?
No I'm high on life. I take the good with the bad. Life is going to throw you a lot of curveballs. Sometimes you have to hit them and sometimes you have to wait for your pitch.

Big Bad Wolf

So we just screw over the part timers because they are lining up to get a job at UPS?

As long as you get yours, it's OK to screw over the part timers?
I think you understand but your changing his answer. Part timers will always apply at UPS. If that changes, UPS will change. So instead of focusing on being the driving force of the minority vote of misery, maybe you should know your place in this union...boy. Another philosophy, why don't you suggest to your TDU boys to start a movement for nobody to submit an application to UPS? That'll show em!

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

Your thoughts have nothing to do with reality. You have no clue as to my life at all.

And as for being the master of insults, when I am dealing with over grown play ground bullies, I never play nice. I always hit hard and with the truth.

If you want a spread your Hoffa love , and ganging up on the opposition on BC, you are always going find me right here in your way.
Exactly.
Don't forget, they'll give you their phone number and meet you somewhere to tell you the same things they posted already everyday for almost a year. That's going to change everything.
BTW Stonefish, you're the only one with a tail to tuck it and run.

It's not worth all the effort to argue with him, fish and 407. (Don't forget he's a real tough guy.)
They voted in the worst contract I've seen at ups and they don't care if it screws part time American FAMILIES who desperately need a good full time job and that others healthcare is diminished and restricted as long as they got something better. Look around "they're blessed".
It's a waste of breath and time dealing with fools.

Save it for the IBT elections. Us No voters are.

ncupser82

Hypocrite! Once again just because some people use common sense doesn't mean they're subscribing solely to Hoffa/Hall, it just means they're not the ones drinking from any "kool aid" as you like to say! I mean I can go on the TDU website and read exactly the same thing your writing here, verbatim...oh and over grown bullies? Because we throw out facts that makes us bullies, but you hurl insults and that makes you the Teamsters savior? Not once have you given a sound argument, thought out coherently, and backed by some factual evidence (not speculative conspiracy theories about the demise of the Union)! If anything by definition you're the bully...and if you don't want to get attacked on BC for posting polarizing comments, then don't post them!

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

I think you understand but your changing his answer. Part timers will always apply at UPS. If that changes, UPS will change. So instead of focusing on being the driving force of the minority vote of misery, maybe you should know your place in this union...boy. Another philosophy, why don't you suggest to your TDU boys to start a movement for nobody to submit an application to UPS? That'll show em!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Actually, part timers ARE applying for jobs there all the time because the company can't keep them and the carrot of a possible full time job is further away from their reach now with the new vacation coverage driver language.
UPS would be the last job I'd go to if I had future full time job hopes. We can't keep new hires in our local and management says it monthly.

Last edited:

Stonefish

With a tissue in your hand

Stonefish

Exactly.
Don't forget, they'll give you their phone number and meet you somewhere to tell you the same things they posted already everyday for almost a year. That's going to change everything.
BTW Stonefish, you're the only one with a tail to tuck it and run.

You are funny 3 or 4 people got the whole contract ratified. We got the entire contract ratified and all but 3 supplements in the entire country agreed with us. Maybe that means they don't agree with you and your TDU boys. Save it the majority of the country doesn't agree with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stonefish

Actually, part timers ARE applying for jobs there all the time because the company can't keep them and the carrot of a possible full time job is further away from their reach now with the new vacation coverage driver language.
UPS would be the last job I'd go to if I had future full time job hopes. We can't keep new hires in our local and management says it monthly.
That's funny what is the ratio of full-time to part-time jobs at your company? I hope you don't make them wait more than 6 months.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I don't feel screwed.

You are not a new part time employee who got screwed over on this contract.

I was part time for 5 years back in the 80's and was making $13 plus an hour for about 38 hours a week before I went driving.

What will a part timer make if they are hired today after 5 years- about the same, but way fewer hours. And then figure in inflation. Now you see what I mean. They will be making a lot less after 5 years than some one in the 80's doing the same job. That sucks. This was a bad deal for the part timers and I am not ever going to bring into this conversation the 4 year wage progression and the extra amount of years it will take to go full time.

realbrown1

The fact that in So Cal, UPS already has problems finding people to work for what they pay, when the fast food places pay as much or more for easier work.

Big Bad Wolf

You are not a new part time employee who got screwed over on this contract.

I was part time for 5 years back in the 80's and was making $13 plus an hour for about 38 hours a week before I went driving.

What will a part timer make if they are hired today after 5 years- about the same, but way fewer hours. And then figure in inflation. Now you see what I mean. They will be making a lot less after 5 years than some one in the 80's doing the same job. That sucks. This was a bad deal for the part timers and I am not ever going to bring into this conversation the 4 year wage progression and the extra amount of years it will take to go full time.
How much should a part timer make? How many hours should a part timer get? Should they be covered under medical?

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

How much should a part timer make? How many hours should a part timer get? Should they be covered under medical?
You really need to ask this question? You can't figure it out?

How about what part timers where making in the 80's adjusted for inflation?

Hoffa must love his blind follower dumb a rocks.

10 point

You are funny 3 or 4 people got the whole contract ratified. We got the entire contract ratified and all but 3 supplements in the entire country agreed with us. Maybe that means they don't agree with you and your TDU boys. Save it the majority of the country doesn't agree with you.
Your statements are an indication of why its not worth posting on this issur. You lie and withold truth about so many issues...you and your 407 buddies.
So many regions didnt have the healthcare changes we had and they voted in the NMA that negatively affected our healthcare plan.
The MMI language that the IBT allowed to be in the first round and the service, safety, and methods language in Art 17, the list is long.
Live in your profound fantasy world all you want to.
Hopefully there will be a reckoning and I'll be retired long enough to say yeah, they reaped what they sowed.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Part time wages will go up if the union negotiates for them to go up. Just like full time wages, it's not like the company has a huge supply problem at driver, but they get paid pretty well. Its not only about supply and demand in a union shop.