UPS cowboy hat

I'll tell you what.The women like the dork cowboy hat.Call it what you want but it's nice that the little sunshines of the route like it.Who cares what some yankee inside worker thinks....LOL
Thar ya go Pardner.
When someone isn't cool enough to wear something out of the norm, they try to minimize it by calling it dorkish.

BigBrownSanta

I'll tell you what.The women like the dork cowboy hat.Call it what you want but it's nice that the little sunshines of the route like it.Who cares what some yankee inside worker thinks....LOL

I have to agree with this. I started wearing this hat recently and will confirm, the ladies do love it! They are wanting to trade for it. So far though, nothing truly obscene has popped up. :happy-very:

leastbest

LeastBest
I don't think they are talking about the safari hat. A few drivers have hats that are like cowboy hats, not floppy like the safari hats.

New Englander

Scratch, your dog is beautiful. I have a piebald daschund that looks a little like him. I will have to post a pic of her when I get back on my home computer. I'm posting from my phone again.

I heard from another driver today that they will have a wide brim hat with a mesh top for the summer. Not sure how reliable that is. I'll have to see if I can confirm it.

I traded my mesh one for the non mesh. It was a more expensive hat so the center wans't happy BUT crease that plastic mesh and your screwed.

This non mesh is much more comfortable as well.

diesel96

I still reley on my old logo UPS baseball cap with the salt stains on it and the brim bent just the way I like it.....smells like rose pedals...gAG
One of these days I'll wash it....

Bingo!

Seriously though, I believe they are called Tilley hats. Google it. They actually are useful in that they keep the sun, snow and rain off.
Trust me when I say I am well aware of the benefits of a wide brim hat, been wearing them for most of my life when I could.
My fear for this is not being able to keep in on in an open door package car. I know they have a stampede string but those things are uncomfortable when no needed.

BigBrownSanta

Trust me when I say I am well aware of the benefits of a wide brim hat, been wearing them for most of my life when I could.
My fear for this is not being able to keep in on in an open door package car. I know they have a stampede string but those things are uncomfortable when no needed.

If worn properly, the strings will hold the hat on in a fairly strong wind. You're right though, the strings are unconfortable to wear when run behind your head and tied to your chin. I've not had any problems driving on the highway with both doors open without it being tied on. On really windy days I'll break down and wear the baseball cap or worse, the dreaded visor. The strings tuck away into a velcro strap when not needed.

If worn properly, the strings will hold the hat on in a fairly strong wind. You're right though, the strings are unconfortable to wear when run behind your head and tied to your chin. I've not had any problems driving on the highway with both doors open without it being tied on. On really windy days I'll break down and wear the baseball cap or worse, the dreaded visor. The strings tuck away into a velcro strap when not needed.
I'd like to give one a try, but I'm betting that without fighting for it, I'd never get it. (I would even be willing to pay for the thing) I have to wear my ball cap style until it is visibly nasty to get a new one now. It took me 2 months to get two pairs of shorts this summer.