UPS Diary:

maxicoze

Year end totals:

Not happy about these numbers one bit:

m8bAp2I.jpg

$60,890.25

maxicoze

UPDATE: SWITCHED TO LINEHAUL:
A few linehaul runs opened up, so i decided to try it..........

GJXSmlb.jpg

1) Don't touch jack. No dockwork B.S. Just driving, drop and hook.

a) haven't said words beginning with S,friend, MF, DS, GD, SH, C etc. in a few weeks........

2) JOB IS AS GOOD AS SEX.

a)(Speaking of which, my girls are giving me more attention..........funny how that works.......?)

b) This may very well be the best job in trucking. Mega fun, mega money.

3) Should i get a suburban or a 3500 HD silverado?
The money is pretty good; You could buy a kingdom with this kind of money. Or have a castle built for you.

maxicoze, a.k.a. "DC Flash"

UPDATE: SWITCHED TO LINEHAUL:
A few linehaul runs opened up, so i decided to try it..........

GJXSmlb.jpg

1) Don't touch jack. No dockwork B.S. Just driving, drop and hook.

a) haven't said words beginning with S,friend, MF, DS, GD, SH, C etc. in a few weeks........

2) JOB IS AS GOOD AS SEX.

a)(Speaking of which, my girls are giving me more attention..........funny how that works.......?)

b) This may very well be the best job in trucking. Mega fun, mega money.

3) Should i get a suburban or a 3500 HD silverado?
The money is pretty good; You could buy a kingdom with this kind of money. Or have a castle built for you.

maxicoze, a.k.a. "DC Flash"

Honest question, what is linehaul work?

maxicoze

Why are you getting money taken out for a drug screen?

The drug screen was from the weekend part-time gig----easy drop and hook paying about $250. So that plus the regular gig during the week is about $90K-95K per year.

2) I don't think I'm going to go with a new suburban because base price is $50,000 and it doesn't make sense to plunk that much down on something I'm not going to drive that much.

maxicoze

bBDNBh5.jpg

1) i maybe cuss 1 time a week, if that, vs. when i was P+D i would cuss at least 3 times per hour.......

2) i am considering a used 3/4 ton suburban----2010-2014ish vs. a new suburban. This job pays good, but it doesn't pay THAT good.....

maxicoze

MVmHG55.jpg

Sat out one night, hence the lower pay---it happens occasionally. i wasn't complaining because i could get some rest. This is not a guaranteed position----meaning you might not work every night. Reality-wise, you ARE going to work every night because we have a crap-load of freight, but occasionally it does happen that you will be sitting.

2) Tractors don't have enough caster............

maxicoze

UPDATE:

richmond terminal is beginning to tick me off...............

1) The new terminal "manager" at richmond is a LYING (EDITED ENDING WITH A "T" )

a) She can't handle the pressure so she blames the subordinate employees:
Now, isn't this just sad.

b) There is a queen bee syndrome that is unfortunately prevalent at richmond, which unfortunately includes SOME, NOT ALL, BUT SOME other female "managers." (Not that the male "managers" don't have their heads up their culus either...........)

c) It really pains me to say all this, but this is a diary and i'm telling it like it is. Really, i believe teamwork and unity is the best way and THE ONLY WAY.
Let this be a notice to all of our competitors:

If you're getting along with your managers and co-workers, then your company will be unstoppable and we'll be left in the dust............. i mean FedEx has already overtaken us as the highest paying LTL'er company.

d) Lord, keep me away from this wretched, decaying, cesspool excuse for a terminal......

2) On a brighter note, i'm/we're running our tails off; Freight is raining from the sky (At least the sales staff is doing their job correctly.....) More miles than we can physically and legally handle.

These two checks do not necessarily reflect this because i was on vacation for one week, but the upcoming checks should reflect this overflowsion of freight:

fYf60p8.jpg

3) My brand new '18 Liner got snatched away from me due to seniority reasons. i'm not complaining because the replacement, despite having over 900,000 on the clock does the job as good if not better.

maxicoze

Sorry it took so long to post checks; i've been busy as hell; Like the company i work for, i've taken on more than i can handle.

arpEqAy.jpg

8CofHdN.jpg

1) Note that on the weeks where i only made $1,100 ish, i took a day off that week.

2) We do not have the P+D city position anymore; Instead we just have P drivers; This is because things are so friend'd up, there is barely enough time to make the pickups and even then we miss quite a few (which, in turn p#@$@# off the customer, but we don't care about the customer----we only care about their money, and numbers, more on this later). Any actual deliveries you make are a bonus. Also, we don't care about residential customers----we are late on most, if not all appointments. In addition to being late, there is a high chance of damage to the residential customer's freight.
Thus, if you enjoy stressed out rushing around, with little chance of making your appointments, then this is the gig for you.

3) i believe upper and top "management" to be out-of-touch and/or delusional/and or at least acting like numbskulls. As such, the middle managers/ terminal managers have no choice but to impose these unrealistic, and out-of-touch demands on the workers. It's a crapstorm to say the least...........moral isn't too good. i would not say the situation is "toxic" yet, but it's a crapstorm.

4) We have ceased being a freight company. We are now a numbers company. i feel a large part of the problem is that a large number of "management" have never driven a truck, much less even ridden in one.

More later.

Buckethead

On Post #44 i noticed your paystub says "Trans Force Inc", Do you work for Truckload?

That Paystub Looks Nothing Like The one I receive.