UPS didn't pay me....

IDoLessWorkThanMost

..my last week in my old center, May 12-16. Talked to steward last week and management has been well aware....both said theyd talk to someone else... What am I going to have to do to get paid? Should I file a complaint somewhere?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
No check was issued then are you sure that a time card was submitted?
Call Nancy ( Ian is on vacation ) to research the time in question.

Mike Hawk

Article 17

Other shortages involving more than thirty dollars ($30.00) for full-time employees, and
fifteen dollars ($15.00) for part-time employees, will be corrected and the payment will be made
available to the employee at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday after
reporting the shortage. If the Employer fails to make the payment available on the employee’s second
scheduled workday and the shortage was the result of the Employer’s error, the employee will be paid an
additional amount equal to one-half (1/2) of his/her daily guarantee at his/her regular hourly rate for
every full pay period in which the shortage is not paid after the second (2nd) scheduled work day, until
corrected.

Errors of less than thirty dollars ($30.00) for full-time employees or fifteen dollars ($15.00) for part-time
employees and overages will be corrected in the following weekly paycheck.
Any grievance settlement not paid within ten (10) working days of the settlement shall entitle the
grievant (s) to a penalty payment as outlined above. The ten (10) working day period shall begin
to run when the Labor Department representative agrees to the settlement, or is notified by the
Union or management team of the settlement. The Employer shall pay a maximum of one penalty
payment for a multi-grievant grievance, which shall be subject to the additional penalties set forth
above for untimely payment, until corrected.​

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Oops, the pay week was the May 5-May 9th.

I told management May 15th.

One pay week has gone by since...so that's 1/2 of a daily garauntee they owe me? I haven't filed a grievance yet, should I do so?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

The problem seems to be both sides giving me run around. I'm sure it's very easy for someone to plug in #'s and pay me. But why neither party seems to be aggressive is beyond me. I can grieve, but what good's that going to do except pile up money but make me appear to be a pain in the :censored2:?

Mike Hawk

I'm pretty sure being a pain in the :censored2: is your right when they won't pay you for the work you have done. You told them about it and they have done nothing, if you don't fight them for it who will?

brownrodster

Maybe one thing you could do is ask a steward to talk to your managers for you. This often works great in my building. And it's a good way to avoid a grievence if thats what you would like to do.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Maybe one thing you could do is ask a steward to talk to your managers for you. This often works great in my building. And it's a good way to avoid a grievence if thats what you would like to do.

Yes, thank you for that advice. That is what I normally do, and what I have done in this case. I won't grieve anything without either talking to a manager and/ or having a steward intervene. I believe this is the fair, honsest way to head off any situations. Blindsiding the boss is not the right thing either.

Still no money....

tritese

tritese
FILE........the only way to get their attention is to make the company pay.......i was short two hours for weeks and i got four hours penalty in addition to the two hours.........i don't understand payroll problems from a company as big as this......

tritese

tritese
Yes, thank you for that advice. That is what I normally do, and what I have done in this case. I won't grieve anything without either talking to a manager and/ or having a steward intervene. I believe this is the fair, honsest way to head off any situations. Blindsiding the boss is not the right thing either.

Still no money....

I spoke with management for weeks before I filed, they fixed the problem real fast once I put it on paper. Management didn't blame me for filing either as they read in the grievance that I had done everything I needed to do before filing.

Mike Hawk

Still no money....
You have talked to them, they have had ample chance to correct the problem. Your boss would be blind if this blindsided him. You can stick to talking but it does not appear to be working. If you really don't wish to file a grievance(this is what it is here for) try going over their heads and complaining to HR.

Iggyiam

the longer u wait the more money you make. seems like they company would want to take car of this ASAP lol oh well their loss you gain.:laughing:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I talked with a steward today, same one as last Friday. He's someone I've known for many years.
he told me he didn't have time to question a manager about it since we talked last Friday, and he'd talk to someone immediately yesterday evening.

I'll give this one more chance, but I need a more immediate solution.... Is there anyone in corporate I can talk to? Any suggestions ? This is dissapointing and the end of the month is near....

litzyy

i haven't gotten paid since i started working at ups it's been 3 months since i haven't received any of my paychecks i'm currently working there i contacted the union strewed they are filing a grievance for every week but I need a more immediate solution.... Is there anyone in corporate I can talk to? Any suggestions ? This is disappointing