UPS Dreams

PackageMonster

I've only been working at UPS as a pre-loader for 10 months. I was hired on for the peak season and was not even trained. I was just thrown into the fire. It was terrible. Working from 1am to almost 9am and then running to my full-time job was terrible. Then the dreams started.

It started with waking up and shaking my wife awake to tell her I think I may have left a package in the wrong section. This went on for a couple of weeks. Then the dream of a stack of packages crushing me to death started. That one was kinda funny because I had to stack out the first stop and so I had all these packages coming down on me.

Thankfully the dreams are gone. We joke around at our hub about how after a few months you just kinda stop caring.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I can remember during peak season twenty years ago I used to "deliver packages in my sleep". As time went by, I was able to train myself not to have these nightmares anymore. I remember one where I was working and looked down to discover I wasn't wearing pants.....:w00t:

Would you like for me to interpret this for you?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
We have the cage system for preload here. In my 2nd year, they asked me to work full time for the christmas rush. So I was sorting basically it felt for 9 hours a day with that wall of cages creeping slowly past me.

When I got home to sleep, the wall my bed was against turned into those cages. I would wake myself up in the middle of the day because I slammed my arm up against the wall like I was sorting. :happy-very:

The Good Ol' Days

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
Back when I was a p/t supe and ran the metro unload I would have recurring nightmares about not getting all the cars unloaded. I remember waking up on several occasions in a panicked sweat thinking there was a full P1000 sitting on the 800 side somewhere, with all those service failures.:sad-very:

I don't think many supervisors at my hub would be too worried about it these days, from what I've seen. Come to think of it, I doubt I would be either. Shows how much we've lost as a company in the last 20 years.