Ups driver/brown trucks

JL 0513

Thanks . Also what exactly does a air driver do for ups ?
Air packages are early commit pkgs that are delivered in the AM. Mostly by 10:30. Early AM pkgs earlier. These part time drivers are usually a combo preload worker (inside building) in the AM. At least in many buildings. Different areas do different things.

Angler87!

Air packages are early commit pkgs that are delivered in the AM. Mostly by 10:30. Early AM pkgs earlier. These part time drivers are usually a combo preload worker (inside building) in the AM. At least in many buildings. Different areas do different things.
At my center the air car goes out around 7:30 pm i the air car driver just a part time driver do they usually make the same wage as the regular drivers?

Angler87!

Does the air driver for ups deliver at night because if not why does are air driver leave at 7:30pm?

Steamer

Got a question for them new/senior drivers is it worth driving them brown trucks is it scary if I haven’t drove a truck like that before? I’m really thinking when I get my time in and a spot opens up to put in for it .but them brown trucks scare me.
YES! That's why our uniforms are brown. They help hide the s hit stains from being so scared of other drivers daily. People running stop signs, and shifting lanes on our bumpers. Not to mention that you never have time to go to the bathroom anyhow. Brown town!

That being said I think they are easier to drive than a car. A lot more mirrors and the rearview camera make it pretty easy to see around without as many blind spots. As well as sitting up high in the air to see over stuff. Good luck.

Angler87!

YES! That's why our uniforms are brown. They help hide the s hit stains from being so scared of other drivers daily. People running stop signs, and shifting lanes on our bumpers. Not to mention that you never have time to go to the bathroom anyhow. Brown town!

That being said I think they are easier to drive than a car. A lot more mirrors and the rearview camera make it pretty easy to see around without as many blind spots. As well as sitting up high in the air to see over stuff. Good luck.
Thanks I’m thinking to put in for a air driver position I think that’s only part time .

Angler87!

You’re gonna be driving truck 9 to 12 hours a day could be a different truck every day even a straight truck.
Yeah so it’s worth a shot and if I decide it’s not for me I can go back to the center and work plus that’s why I’d do peak only to start to see if I like it or air driver .

Thebrownblob

Yeah so it’s worth a shot and if I decide it’s not for me I can go back to the center and work plus that’s why I’d do peak only to start to see if I like it or air driver .
Sure it’s worth a shot But don’t freak yourself out. It’s not that hard to drive A package car just be careful

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
At least todays have power steering , better seats with seat belts a fan and an automatic transmission! Not like when @rod or I started ,,, did Rod tell yah how hard he had it ??

rod

Retired 22 years
Had to use the gosh darn keys in the ignition and bulkhead door also. A delivery note would work on fixing the door lock but never figured out anything for the ignition.
I just left the keys in the ignition ALL THE TIME. And after my load settled down I would leave the bulkhead door open. Yes I got my butt chewed out many times for my lack of methods.