Ups driver starts house fire

upschuck

Nope just a 7/8 month old driver that's already been in 3-4 accidents prior to this.

1 was backing into a Home Depot bay door and knocking off the steel beams that guide down a delivery bay.

2 was a lady hitting the ups truck, messing up the lady's car, driver inspects truck and says "it's ok no damage to my truck, have a good day!"

3 rolling thru a stop resulting in a ticket

4 hit and run at Apple Store taking out a bike rack

When is enough, enough?

Only one seems to be an avoidable accident, unless he parked wrong.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
We had a FTer who had 3 Tier 3's within a year. The union and company created a 22.3 just for her. No one else can bid on it and it will be abolished upon her retirement/separation.
That's something I don't always agree with although it would depend on the individual.

If it was a newly hired driver, no.

If it was a guy with 20 plus years,yes that would factor in.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
we had a driver a couple months back that had a big rig pull out in front of him while he was doing 40.... LEO's fined and ticketed big rig driver... UPS still charged our guy with an avoidable...
so quit with your stories

a big rig just doesn't "pull out" in front of you...it may not have stopped coming from the left or right.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
drunk driver slammed into a telephone pole out in the country and the line were hanging across road about 7 feet up. this was at night and i caught the wires just above the cab. the trailers grabbed the wires and pulled the telephone pole right out of the ground and dragged everything until i could stop.

what a mess. police took report and thankfully because of that report was not charged. also lucky that the road was deserted and no one else was involved.
I'm almost embarrassed for you. Almost

MrBrown

You just go slow and listen to them slide across the roof. If the sound stops and they haven't popped into your view you snagged one. Plan b

Nimnim

The Nim
i thought i explained that a drunk driver hit the telephone pole. it was laying about a 45 degree angle and the lines were dangerously low across the road. the accident had happened maybe 5 minutes before i came along. the ambulance came after my trailer caught the low lines. the driver was really messed up, almost went thru the windshield. they had 3 emt's working on him. i don't think he made it .

had to wait a couple hours while they air lifted the driver and they had to clear the lines from the trailer and some were wrapped around the axles. they had to make sure none of the lines were live.

the Highway patrol wrote in his report that the impact with the power and telephone lines was unavoidable since it was so dark. this was on a 2 way highway out in the country. the company saw it the same way.

fof.

I understand snagging low hanging wires and causing damage. I don't understand how a wire that is pulled out in that method becomes wrapped around axles.

Also live wires touching metal are obvious, there's no taking time to check, a 5 second glance will tell you. Either sparks are flying or the metal is glowing.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
just put me on ignore. very easy. and i don't recall ever saying i was a circle of honor driver. if i did i was wrong about that. i did change some things because i was being stalked on BC by one of our managers . had to change things so he wouldn't know my identity.

but have driven big rigs for 35 years ( not all UPS) and a lot of things can happen in that time. i have posted dozens of posts on FAQ feeder thread. it's impossible that i can make all that stuff up without knowing what I'm talking about.

I am not going to continue arguing with all you haters . you believe what you want. just save yourself a lot of aggravation and put me on ignore. I have already been verified as a FT UPSer by one of the mods because i requested them to do so when they thought i was trolling.

BTW thank all of you that started private conversations with me backing me up in the past. wish you all had the gonads to do it publicly though.

So when's your next shift at the club?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I understand snagging low hanging wires and causing damage. I don't understand how a wire that is pulled out in that method becomes wrapped around axles.

Also live wires touching metal are obvious, there's no taking time to check, a 5 second glance will tell you. Either sparks are flying or the metal is glowing.
you don't understand how the wires could get wrapped around the axles? they were long enough to be pull under the tires to the axles.

also any fireman or law enforcement officer would tell you always assume a wire is live until a professional tells you they are dead. if it were a matter of life or death , say a wire was draped over a person. you would get a stick or other non conductive material to get that wire off the person.

go ahead and jump on the bandwagon if that makes your day.

Nimnim

The Nim
you don't understand how the wires could get wrapped around the axles? they were long enough to be pull under the tires to the axles.

also any fireman or law enforcement officer would tell you always assume a wire is live until a professional tells you they are dead. if it were a matter of life or death , say a wire was draped over a person. you would get a stick or other non conductive material to get that wire off the person.

go ahead and jump on the bandwagon if that makes your day.

I can understand how a wire run over by a tractor and trailer can get wrapped around the axle. I don't see a wire being knocked loose by either the top of the tractor/air dam or the front of the trailer would get under the trailer instead of falling along side the trailer enough to wrap the axle.

I have heard the assume any wire is live line before, but I've never been in a position for it to apply, and I know it would be obvious if a live wire was wrapped around an axle. For safety though I understand letting crews clear lines.

I don't know what bandwagon you're talking about so I can't jump on it. I posted because your story did not make sense to me and probably many other people who read and did not post.

Ms.PacMan

Moved my daughter to Colorado this month. Drove a Budget rental truck to Denver and used it to stop at Denver airport to pick up the spouse along the way. Approaching passenger pickup area and note large sign stating 9'10" clearance which is the exact stated height of the truck. Wasn't taking a chance so I had to back up about 400' to proceed to a different level.

Smart move. My old route had a high school with an arcade between the theatre and the main building. They repaired the concrete over the summer one year and lucky for me the Fed Ex driver was the first to drive underneath it. The repair added enough concrete to the structure that it was then too low to drive a truck under!