UPS drivers & their pickup trucks.

ChrisTheBrown

In my approximate 30 driver center, seems like most of the guys have either a GMC, Chevy, or Ford. A few Toyotas..I'm a Toyota guy, myself. Can't wait until I can get myself a Tacoma, or Tundra. What do you prefer? Maybe you aren't a truck guy, but most of the drivers at my center are.
For now, I'm teaching myself contentment, & driving my '07 Pontiac 2dr car..Payment- free, which is what I prefer.

In my approximate 30 driver center, seems like most of the guys have either a GMC, Chevy, or Ford. A few Toyotas..I'm a Toyota guy, myself. Can't wait until I can get myself a Tacoma, or Tundra. What do you prefer? Maybe you aren't a truck guy, but most of the drivers at my center are.
For now, I'm teaching myself contentment, & driving my '07 Pontiac 2dr car..Payment- free, which is what I prefer.
A young married man like you needs a family vehicle.

BrownDog5117

Bought a 2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5, Double Cab. Best investment I ever made... I can easily afford it and I'm not even at top rate yet.

I can't imagine what it's like making top rate.. must be nice..

JL 0513

Lot's of P/U's at my center too. Personally, I wouldn't never buy a truck or body on frame SUV. I drive a "truck" for a living, I'd like something car based as my personal vehicle.

But if you need a bed, then that's what you need.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Two time Taco owner .
First one lasted 14 yrs before the salt finally did it in .
Bought a 2008 used , x-cab , 4 banger , manual tranny ( great anti-thief device ) , 4x4 .
Came with 72K on it , still under 100K six yrs later . (have a 2002 Highlander with 151K for shopping trips )
Now a days limited slips are standard equipment . The darn thing is quick and the bed is plastic , that really cuts down on its weight .
First thing I did was remove the spare tire from underneath and secure it in the bed .

ChrisTheBrown

Bought a 2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5, Double Cab. Best investment I ever made... I can easily afford it and I'm not even at top rate yet.

If you're talking about being able to easily afford a monthly payment, that's something that I just can't bring myself to do..I have to pay cash, can't ever deal with payments again. But paying cash for a $40K Tacoma, yeah, probably gonna be dreaming for a while

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

If it's an automatic and it's shifting funny, get the ATF checked soon.

Lot's of P/U's at my center too. Personally, I wouldn't never buy a truck or body on frame SUV. I drive a "truck" for a living, I'd like something car based as my personal vehicle.

Why no body on frame?

And, you can buy a 'premium' truck. Hell, you could get a 70K friend-150 if you want.

Cementups

Box Monkey

you must still be young. I drove "sports cars" my first dozen years at UPS. Now at 41, getting in and out of an SUV is soooooo much easier. 22.5 years at this place can tear you up.

rod

Retired 22 years
It all depends on what you want to use your truck for. Do you need 4-wheel drive? Are you going to be pulling a camper? Tacoma's as far as I know don't have squat for pulling stats. Get yourself a real truck.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've been labeled a Honda guy. I drive a Honda Pilot and a Honda CRX. Of all the cars I've owned, all but one was a Honda and that was a Volvo S60-R. Would like a new Ridgeline but would rather have the enclosed rear than the open bed of the Ridgeline.