UPS drivers & their pickup trucks.

Cementups

Box Monkey
A size to small. I don't like Nissan that much. The Pathfinder is the competitor to what I'm looking for and it's lousy.

The Pathfinder is junk anymore. 10 years ago it was a great vehicle. they've kind of pushed it to the wayside. As I mentioned in my other post, the Murano is the ride to pick there.

PT Car Washer

That was a little out of my price range. I got the LTZ. Have the heated seats, but not cooled. I'm not a fan of the air conditioned seats. I feel wet with them on.
Good for you. Bet you spent twice as much for a ride to work as I spent on my house, 20K in 1983. Not that it matters. My house has heat and air conditioning. No not a wood burner.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Good for you. Bet you spent twice as much for a ride to work as I spent on my house, 20K in 1983. Not that it matters.
I did spend more than 20k, that's for sure. But I got a really good deal. It will last me a number of years, so I looked at it like an investment. I'm not a get a new vehicle every 3-4 year kind of person. That SOB will be falling apart before there's a new one in the garage.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Most of the cars sold in the US are still made in the US. Most Toyota's, Honda's, Nissan's, etc. sold in the US are assembled right here. Some parts suppliers may come elsewhere. Not many of the Japanese and Korean branded models sold here are built in Japan and Korea. Just select vehicles that are more popular oversees.

Link?

rod

Retired 22 years
The best car I've ever owned was a 2008 Honda Accord (although the wife's current 2014 ford Escape ranks right up there). The worst was a 2000 VW Passat. As far as 4X4's go I've had both Ford and Chevy and I like the Silverados the best.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The best car I've ever owned was a 2008 Honda Accord (although the wife's current 2014 ford Escape ranks right up there). The worst was a 2000 VW Passat. As far as 4X4's go I've had both Ford and Chevy and I like the Silverados the best.
Nothing was cheap to fix on my brothers Passat. Even just changing a headlight was an adventure.

JL 0513

I've checked all of those (except the next CX-9), but based on all of them and the current CX-9........check out the new Pilot. RIDICULOUS!!! By far my favorite vehicle in it's class. And this is NOT a biased opinion. I'm a car guy all around I just happened to have owned a lot of Hondas (mostly CRX's). My least favorite of your options is the Kia. You couldn't get me to drive a KIA even if you were buying it for me. Junk. The Highlander is just so blah. One of my least favorite in it's class. But it certainly wins a little in reliability. The Explorer is a super sexy ride indeed. My main problem with them is reliability and resale. the CX-9 was a pretty nice vehicle as well. Another orion is the Nissan Murano or even the Rogue. One of those will be my wife's next new car. They are both very very nice cars. And the transmission in the Murano is seamless. You can be pedal to the floor and not feel a single shift with it's CVT tranny. So smooth.

The Pathfinder is junk anymore. 10 years ago it was a great vehicle. they've kind of pushed it to the wayside. As I mentioned in my other post, the Murano is the ride to pick there.

This is the new CX-9. It is stunning. One of my top two choices.

2017-Mazda-CX-9-Carscoops1.jpg

2017-Mazda-CX-9-PR-r-11-2015-Cars-II.png

2017%2BMazda%2BCX-9%2B17.jpg

2017-mazda-cx-9-spy-601x220.jpg

The new Pilot is nice but not my cup of tea. Too bloated looking - trying to be a minivan inside and an SUV outside. Some interior annoyances trying too hard to be modern (push button shifter, no volume knob, smudgy touch screen,...).

The Murano is only a 2-row.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Bought a 2007 Toyota Tacoma double cab prerunner V6 new, has 92k on it, bought the wife a new 2011 CX-9 and just recently bought my daughter a 05 Camry 4 cyl with 113k. Love driving the CX-9 on the weekends, Tacoma rides good but it's still a truck. Still very happy with our vehicles and have no plans to purchase new ones. As far as maintenance on any of them, I do everything myself, haven't had anything go wrong with any of them, the Camry is newly purchased however. I put a new water pump, drive belt, PCV valve and flushed the radiator and tranny.

Love the Tacoma the best for overall versatility, reliablity, and resale, as if I ever would.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you're talking about being able to easily afford a monthly payment, that's something that I just can't bring myself to do..I have to pay cash, can't ever deal with payments again. But paying cash for a $40K Tacoma, yeah, probably gonna be dreaming for a while
Why would you ever pay that much for a Tacoma?

JL 0513

BTW, you say KIA's are junk (Cementups). Actually, KIA (and Hyundai) make some of the best cars now, quality-wise too.

background_k900_2014_2-design_f_interior--kia-1920x-jpg.jpg