UPS drivers want MLK Day to be declared a paid holiday

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS drivers want MLK Day to be declared a paid holiday - Bay News 9

UPS drivers across the country are signing a petition to have the organization declare Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day a paid holiday by next year.

Hector Medina has walked into the same job for 25 years but this Monday is different.

“We want UPS to recognize the importance of MLK,” Medina told Spectrum Bay News 9's Katya Guillaume.

With his partner Sue and other volunteers, he's joining the national fight to make that happen

Greeting other UPS employees as they walk into work, he said, “Good morning. We are collecting signatures to make Martin Luther King Jr. a paid holiday at UPS.”

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS drivers want MLK Day to be declared a paid holiday - Bay News 9

UPS drivers across the country are signing a petition to have the organization declare Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day a paid holiday by next year.

Hector Medina has walked into the same job for 25 years but this Monday is different.

“We want UPS to recognize the importance of MLK,” Medina told Spectrum Bay News 9's Katya Guillaume.

With his partner Sue and other volunteers, he's joining the national fight to make that happen

Greeting other UPS employees as they walk into work, he said, “Good morning. We are collecting signatures to make Martin Luther King Jr. a paid holiday at UPS.”
Why the hell does "Hector" care? If his name was "Willy" I would understand. I think Hector just wants more paid time off.

Karma...

negotiate in the next contract......the overall percentage doesn't warrant it nor does or should a non-veteran ,bible-thumper be included.......next thing would be Sue Anthony...........I would like to see a Chesty Puller paid holliday...

rod

Retired 22 years
negotiate in the next contract......the overall percentage doesn't warrant it nor does or should a non-veteran ,bible-thumper be included.......next thing would be Sue Anthony...........I would like to see a Chesty Puller paid holliday...
I always thought Veterans Day should have been a paid day off for Veterans.

trickpony1

We need a paid holiday for all the different nations that have made America their home.
Oh wait......there's only 365 days in a year.

Civic helping.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I have a dream....that someday...every man and woman that wears brown, will be able to get my birthday off with pay.