UPS drivers want MLK Day to be declared a paid holiday

542thruNthru

Whoa whoa whoa.. You OZ boys better settle down. The national Day of Action on MLK Day was announced by Sean O’Brien and the newly-elected O’Brien-Zuckerman Teamsters United leadership team. So stop hating on your saviors!

rod

Retired 22 years
When the proposals come out for what you want in the contract write that down
I'm guessing that nothing serious will be proposed---probably just stuff like being able to have face tattoos, wear your own clothes and maybe being able to let your toenails grow to ridiculous lengths and wear sandals and flip flops-- you know- like the last things the troops have asked for in previous contracts.

Est.1998

UPS drivers across the country are signing a petition to have the organization declare Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day a paid holiday by next year.
This is the first time I'm hearing about this…
No one at my building is talking about wanting MLK holiday as a paid day off.
UPS works on Easter Sunday, why not get that as a holiday?
Why not Christmas Eve or Friday after Thanksgiving?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I'm guessing that nothing serious will be proposed---probably just stuff like being able to have face tattoos, wear your own clothes and maybe being able to let your toenails grow to ridiculous lengths and wear sandals and flip flops-- you know- like the last things the troops have asked for in previous contracts.
And weed.

542thruNthru

This is the first time I'm hearing about this…
No one at my building is talking about wanting MLK holiday as a paid day off.
UPS works on Easter Sunday, why not get that as a holiday?
Why not Christmas Eve or Friday after Thanksgiving?
People were outside my building having people sign a petition.

Karma...

the panderers are stirring to get something for nothing.....take a look at the diversity of those who built the company......dont let the new ones tear it down......I will come out of retirement !...I am great in many many jobs....