UPS drivers want MLK Day to be declared a paid holiday

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I always thought Veterans Day should have been a paid day off for Veterans.
We had a center manager give two vets who called in on Veterans Day Warning Letter for "attendance" ( he was just being a hard ass since these two had requested the day off and he denied it) and boy howdy did we BURY him in Supe Working, Safety and employees working off the clock grievances. We were filing 10-15 grievances every day on him until he not only pulled the WL's but apologized. I was a Steward and I told him in no uncertain terms unless he apologized We would ramp up the heat. He'd have rather eaten a booger without a cracker than apologize but he certainly did.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Why no

Their point in getting mlk day added is to completely remove day after Thanksgivin

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
We had a center manager give two vets who called in on Veterans Day Warning Letter for "attendance" ( he was just being a hard ass since these two had requested the day off and he denied it) and boy howdy did we BURY him in Supe Working, Safety and employees working off the clock grievances. We were filing 10-15 grievances every day on him until he not only pulled the WL's but apologized. I was a Steward and I told him in no uncertain terms unless he apologized We would ramp up the heat. He'd have rather eaten a booger without a cracker than apologize but he certainly did.
When I was doing some interviewing as the hiring manager for an opening I had, I was chastised for commenting (in front of supposed friends and allies) that I was giving Vets some extra latitude because of their Service which typically included a strong work ethic, maturity, confidence and tenacity. These comments were over coffee/casually.
This was before everyone started thanking Vets for their service and UPS forced-marched us in parades wearing UPS T shirts...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
UPS drivers want MLK Day to be declared a paid holiday - Bay News 9

UPS drivers across the country are signing a petition to have the organization declare Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day a paid holiday by next year.

Hector Medina has walked into the same job for 25 years but this Monday is different.

“We want UPS to recognize the importance of MLK,” Medina told Spectrum Bay News 9's Katya Guillaume.

With his partner Sue and other volunteers, he's joining the national fight to make that happen

Greeting other UPS employees as they walk into work, he said, “Good morning. We are collecting signatures to make Martin Luther King Jr. a paid holiday at UPS.”
Better to have the day after Thanksgiving. The 804 and 177 does.

What day you going to give up for King Day?

Last edited:

Karma...

I refused to get involved in any parades or recognitions for my time in the marines......I am not a number .I am a free man.....and ive never worn a ups shirt except for when I drove.......