UPS drivers wearing caps backwards & towels in their back pockets.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The ones wearing them backwards aren't bright enough to figure out what the visor is for. I have never seen a towel in a back pocket, it would be uncomfortable to sit on. These are slobs who don't care about their appearance, and their boss lets them get away with it.

SmithBarney

I bet you want pictures of the towels in the back pockets...
hrmm in the 80's a hankerchief dangling from the back pocket
was a sign of something...

Subway... you are a little too infatuated with the Men in Brown...
back off, or one of them is going to have a restraining order against you...

Sammie

Subways,

I think I’ve got you figured out. Who among us doesn’t smile
and shake their head when they see you coming, knowing that
we're in for another glimpse of the menu of UPS socks, underwear,
showers, locker rooms, and the now famous Dexter

Everybody carries baggage around every day, and some more
than others; even this site can get frustrating (like when we’re
head butting over politics) but you’re slick about taking our minds
off the serious stuff for that quick second.

It may seem like a very small item in the grand scheme of things,
and it doesn’t take much to accomplish, but by making another person smile, you’ve brightened their day no matter what. :biggrin:

Overpaid Union Thug

The ones wearing them backwards aren't bright enough to figure out what the visor is for. I have never seen a towel in a back pocket, it would be uncomfortable to sit on. These are slobs who don't care about their appearance, and their boss lets them get away with it.

I love the visor. I can't stand wearing sun glass nor do I like wearing a hat. Espcially in the summer. Hats do nothing but trap the heat in. I depend on my visor. It keeps the sun and sweat out of my eyes but allows the top of my head to feel a breeze. The hats look so silly. They are too tall and stiff. They remind me of late 1970s/early 1980s truck driver hats.

diamond1

I think uniform standards are one of the last things UPS has going for it...we look better than the competition...but this must be enforced at the center level. I am a FT Sup who does not tolerate a driver's uniform or appearance being out of compliance. We shine shoes, iron our shirts, make sure our hair is cut and just generally do it as a "pride" thing...and my drivers are very into it. They look sharp and know it. The same goes for the inside of their package cars...spotless.

Overpaid Union Thug

I think uniform standards are one of the last things UPS has going for it...we look better than the competition...but this must be enforced at the center level. I am a FT Sup who does not tolerate a driver's uniform or appearance being out of compliance. We shine shoes, iron our shirts, make sure our hair is cut and just generally do it as a "pride" thing...and my drivers are very into it. They look sharp and know it. The same goes for the inside of their package cars...spotless.

I follow the same standards that I followed when I was active duty in the military. I make sure my uniform is "servicable." Many people in the military go an extra step further and press their uniforms but I never did. I just iron out any unruly wrinkles. I've found that if the UPS uniforms are taken out of the dryer and hung up immediately then they won't wrinkle enough to warrant touching them up with an iron. Why go all out and iron or press the whole uniform if the uniform is going to be filled with dirt and sweat about 15 minutes or less into the route. Especially in the summer. As far as shoes goes....I don't polish for the same reason. They'll be scuffed up after about 10 minutes. So basically...anything extra people do to their uniforms will be ruined before they even meet a customer. Shaving is the only sure thing. I shave every other day.

steakmaker

ride like you stole it
cause they are wannabees.
Wannabees ? maybe he's just a supervisor just trying to fit in for a day,screwing a brother teamster out of a job.Tell me that NEVER happens!...OR.... Try this,get the truck # and have his steward talk to him before management uses it against him....Steakmaker(SYR.Feeders retired)

wornoutupser

Inside of the package car clean??? OMG! I cant even see through the crap on the inside of the windshield and plants could grow in the muck in the back corners of my car! ROFL!!!!!

tieguy

Banned
I don't understand it either, why are UPS drivers wearing caps backwards & their towels in their back pockets.

they tried wearing their towels on their heads instead but too many customers thought they were al-khaida.:laugh:

all comes down to enforcing the rules and a value system todays kids don't understand.

tieguy

Banned
Wannabees ? maybe he's just a supervisor just trying to fit in for a day,screwing a brother teamster out of a job.Tell me that NEVER happens!...OR.... Try this,get the truck # and have his steward talk to him before management uses it against him....Steakmaker(SYR.Feeders retired)

Yea thats it and then the sup turns his hat around to try to look like a real brother teamster. :thumbup1:

over9five

Staff member
"they tried wearing their towels on their heads instead but too many customers thought they were al-khaida."

I got beat up several times trying that!