UPS Driving School to On road training

How long did you wait to drive after you got back from the driver classes?

I finished the course almost 2 months ago and have yet to deliver once and I'm waiting on a guy ahead of me to be trained who finished the course 3 weeks before I went.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
How long did you wait to drive after you got back from the driver classes?

I finished the course almost 2 months ago and have yet to deliver once and I'm waiting on a guy ahead of me to be trained who finished the course 3 weeks before I went.

2 weeks until i went out by myself.

dillweed

Not unusual for them to drag their feet, although I don't know why.

Nag them. Ask daily when they are taking you out. Ask them why they called for drivers just to shelve them once they had been though the school.

Remind them that the week of school cost you money and you have a right to work and earn that money back.

Check with your Union Steward to see if he/she can light a fire under their butts. Best of luck, dw

VoiceOfReason

Telling it like it is
2 days for me. But if there is no one to train than there is no one to train. Don't nag. You have to be meek as milkwater as a noob or you'll never make you 30 days. Don't give anyone a reason to dislike you before you even hit the road. Your mistakes (and they definitely will happen) will be magnified with the preconceived notion of you being a whiner.

VoiceOfReason

Telling it like it is
I've found that the meek don't survive long at UPS. Of course, that may just be the case at my center. dw

I always encourage the new guys/gals to stand up and assert themselves AFTER they make their seniority so they don't get beat down with work. Prior to that I tell them to nod their heads, shut their mouths, admit they are wrong even if they are not and to run like hell, because those 30 days can set you up for the next 30 years of work.

W

who cares

Hold on if you can, we had 2 full-timer carwashers go to drive school last spring. One got their 30 days in month and a half ago the other one was forced to go back to their carwash job because their would be no way they could get their 30 in 90 days. That person only got like 15- 20 days in all summer driving. With summer vactions over that lessened the chances for that person to drive.