UPS Drop Box Locator

JaxUPSHub

So, I'm trying to find a drop box near my house, and obviously I have found one, BUT the map it displays for the directions is so bad. It does not display the names of most side streets, so that it becomes impossible to orient yourself before you leave your house.
Again, this from www.ups.com website. Feel free to search for one near your house, and see what a hassle it is to find EXACT directions with 1 click.

Someone please tell them 'website guys' to code Google Maps, not whatever simplistic bad maps they use at the moment.

Just my 2 cents. Written driving instructions were fine, I'm surprised.

"you can't loose with Google"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why don't you just bring your pkg in with you when you come to work and drop it off at the customer counter? If it is prepaid you are all set--if it has to be paid for simply leave a check made out to "UPS" and they will fill it our for you and leave the receipt either in your slot or with your supervisor.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
So, I'm trying to find a drop box near my house, and obviously I have found one, BUT the map it displays for the directions is so bad. It does not display the names of most side streets, so that it becomes impossible to orient yourself before you leave your house.
Again, this from www.ups.com website. Feel free to search for one near your house, and see what a hassle it is to find EXACT directions with 1 click.

Someone please tell them 'website guys' to code Google Maps, not whatever simplistic bad maps they use at the moment.

Just my 2 cents. Written driving instructions were fine, I'm surprised.

"you can't loose with Google"

This is the same "mapping" software they use to set-up our delivery routes. :greedy::knockedout::dead::whiteflag:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Why don't you just bring your pkg in with you when you come to work and drop it off at the customer counter? If it is prepaid you are all set--if it has to be paid for simply leave a check made out to "UPS" and they will fill it our for you and leave the receipt either in your slot or with your supervisor.

It's not just about him, Upstate

Its about the average Jack/Jill that needs to find the box by going to the website. If a UPSer has trouble finding it with their directions and software, how do you think they can.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I just checked it out on UPS.com

It's not that bad. If you are trying to just use the map then I can maybe see a little issue. If you click get directions after each drop box, you get a very accurate path to travel. Plus, at the location, it tells you where the box is located.

The map itself is very hard to negotiate on the webpage. Instead of clicking, east, west, zoom in, zoom out , they should have the click/drag function and double click zoom found on google earth.

rod

Retired 22 years
A little off subject but while UPS is at it - please straighten out, clean and or re-stock your drop boxes. The last time I used one I had to look in 4 different ones to find a NDA envelope. Give your drop box pickup guys an extra 10 minutes a week to do a little housekeeping.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
A little off subject but while UPS is at it - please straighten out, clean and or re-stock your drop boxes. The last time I used one I had to look in 4 different ones to find a NDA envelope. Give your drop box pickup guys an extra 10 minutes a week to do a little housekeeping.

Rod, I'll plead guilty. I've had a drop box for 15 years and I put supplies in it about 3 times. I'm too busy taking out stuff for the post office. Why don't we have a sign on these boxes that says "THIS IS NOT A MAILBOX YOU IDIOTS".

BrownArmy

From time to time I'll cover the drop-box run if the air driver bangs in...

I'm amazed at the stuff people stick in the box...

rod

Retired 22 years
From time to time I'll cover the drop-box run if the air driver bangs in...

I'm amazed at the stuff people stick in the box...

I found a dead muskrat in one of mine. It must have been in there all weekend because as soon as I opened the door about a million flies flew out and the stench about knocked me over. Nasty:whiteflag: