Drop Box Problem

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Feeders is the right place for you.

You say that like it's a bad thing. HA! I love it, and you're afraid to get behind the wheel of a bit vehicle.

"You can tell the men from the boys by the size of their toys"

Scathing Dave.

He says it all the time, it's so cute.

What should I have done, picked it up and taken it to the FedEx depot? Who in their right mind would do that?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You say that like it's a bad thing. HA! I love it, and you're afraid to get behind the wheel of a bit vehicle.

"You can tell the men from the boys by the size of their toys"

He says it all the time, it's so cute.

What should I have done, picked it up and taken it to the FedEx depot? Who in their right mind would do that?

Me. Their depot is on the way to our center and I have dropped off Express paks/letters on several occasions.

OPTION3

Me. Their depot is on the way to our center and I have dropped off Express paks/letters on several occasions.
I hope you code that out.....and with ORION...better be able to explain that 1/32 of a mile deviation with a MUCH better reason than "I was helping the competition out"

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Bring it back to the center. We get FedEx packages at least two or three times a night during our sort. We set them aside and FedEx either comes and gets them or a driver gets it the next day when they deliver to FedEx office or go by the FedEx facility.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I had a bunch of drop box pickups on my last route and it wasn't unusual to find fedex or usps packages, I just dropped them in the nearest fedex or usps box. I knew all the fedex post and office drivers out there and they did the same thing for us. Occasionally though I would find something with no carrier label on it at all, just an address.

Sometimes when vacation covering a PM letter box pick up route I will be picking up at the same time as FedEx. We chit chat and exchange packages that were dropped in the wrong box. Otherwise take them and the post office stuff back to the building.

It's called professional courtesy. Each company does the same for the other. Simple thing really.
If a FedEx customer can not trust a FedEx box to be secure, they most likely will not trust a UPS box either. Hurts both companies and I bet you could be disciplined for mishandling the competitions packages. Not sure what they would call it but not a good idea.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Why? It isn't my job to make sure the idiots, I mean customers, put the Non-UPS packages into the proper Non-UPS boxes
You have the box open. Does it really kill you that much to be a courteous human being and bring that envelope or tiny box back to the center?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If you're still hungry you can eat my package next?
tumblr_mmvz1gUaZs1s75j1eo1_500.gif

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I was told by a supervisor that the combo is the same for every box in america.

They're mostly all the same, but we had some in my pickup area that were different, 2 that I can recall

You have the box open. Does it really kill you that much to be a courteous human being and bring that envelope or tiny box back to the center?

It might have killed me, but we will never know.