UPS Employees get to keep Rewards points???

upschuck

"Rewards and airline miles that are provided in connection with a purchase on a credit card are routinely not subject to individual income tax reporting," ...
I take that as a personal, and not a business trip thing. By all means if it is a personal thing, then it shouldn't because you have essentially already paid for the reward. The price for the reward is built into the prices that get you the reward.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I take that as a personal, and not a business trip thing. By all means if it is a personal thing, then it shouldn't because you have essentially already paid for the reward. The price for the reward is built into the prices that get you the reward.
I interpret your "I take that" as what you think in a perfect world, with perfect technology, with unlimited resources, etc. should be the case.
Essentially, your opinion of what it should be ... not what it actually is now.

However, the US Government as stated by IRS rules has stated that rewards points are not taxable because "Traditional rewards that many rewards card users have come to love are still safe and tax free because they are tied to purchasing something with a payment card. It's considered a reimbursement of the fees that you're paying in association with being a member. It's a rebate of your fees. That's the way a great many rewards programs are set up."

upschuck

However, the US Government as stated by IRS rules has stated that rewards points are not taxable because "Traditional rewards that many rewards card users have come to love are still safe and tax free because they are tied to purchasing something with a payment card. It's considered a reimbursement of the fees that you're paying in association with being a member. It's a rebate of your fees. That's the way a great many rewards programs are set up."
Bingo, which is why the company should get it. They are ultimately paying the bill. I'm glad you see it my way now.:biggrin:

upschuck

I interpret your "I take that" as what you think in a perfect world, with perfect technology, with unlimited resources, etc. should be the case.
Essentially, your opinion of what it should be ... not what it actually is now.
By "I take that" I mean "I interpret it"

And yes, my opinion should be law of the land. It is the only one that makes sense to me. :biggrin: