UPS finally says something and means it

87brown

After working for this company for over 31 years I have been involved in so many changes that the company says are mandatory for the company's success and just like a lot of you I would Yawn and say that'll never happen. Well to my surprise it's been over 2 1/2 months and overtime has come to a screeching halt not to mention many guys not even getting eight hours. I was shocked to see how many pay guarantees there were on the ops report I have never seen it like that not to mention so many guys upset about losing the overtime and now with these hybrid drivers they're taking away the majority of the overtime for everyone else. We were told this is going to be the new norm and there will be very little if any overtime during peak. Well I know a lot of you will laugh and make all kinds of comments but it's coming your way just thought I would give you a heads up be prepared I feel bad for a lot of the guys that are just starting they can barely make it not to mention the people that were used to the overtime or I should say it was forced on them and it became part of their financial income it's pretty scary I think the company really did us wrong. Also after speaking with the center manager they claim they are killing it on at their financial numbers with not paying all of the overtime even with adding extra drivers will be interesting to see how the fourth quarter results are but that'll be an indication of whether or not this stays.anyhow Will keep you posted but again start downsizing and get a grip of your financial situation truly thought this would never happen. Also would be curious to see how other centers are at this time thanks guys talk to you soon

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
We shall see. Peak plans look good on paper but implementing with potential staff shortage is another

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
After working for this company for over 31 years I have been involved in so many changes that the company says are mandatory for the company's success and just like a lot of you I would Yawn and say that'll never happen. Well to my surprise it's been over 2 1/2 months and overtime has come to a screeching halt not to mention many guys not even getting eight hours. I was shocked to see how many pay guarantees there were on the ops report I have never seen it like that not to mention so many guys upset about losing the overtime and now with these hybrid drivers they're taking away the majority of the overtime for everyone else. We were told this is going to be the new norm and there will be very little if any overtime during peak. Well I know a lot of you will laugh and make all kinds of comments but it's coming your way just thought I would give you a heads up be prepared I feel bad for a lot of the guys that are just starting they can barely make it not to mention the people that were used to the overtime or I should say it was forced on them and it became part of their financial income it's pretty scary I think the company really did us wrong. Also after speaking with the center manager they claim they are killing it on at their financial numbers with not paying all of the overtime even with adding extra drivers will be interesting to see how the fourth quarter results are but that'll be an indication of whether or not this stays.anyhow Will keep you posted but again start downsizing and get a grip of your financial situation truly thought this would never happen. Also would be curious to see how other centers are at this time thanks guys talk to you soon
Thanks for this new and exciting thread.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Thanks for this new and exciting thread.
Two things make me laugh about this. First was everyone’s initial reaction of “not gonna happen here, we’re a dumpster fire already etc....”, secondly is how even the bravest of faces start to change after a few weeks of 40 hour checks.

This will certainly put into motion a few things one of which will be the national pay scale. Never before has it been more of a topic out west, that I can tell you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Two things make me laugh about this. First was everyone’s initial reaction of “not gonna happen here, we’re a dumpster fire already etc....”, secondly is how even the bravest of faces start to change after a few weeks of 40 hour checks.

This will certainly put into motion a few things one of which will be the national pay scale. Never before has it been more of a topic out west, that I can tell you.
What's crazy is how long it's taken to roll out. This guy says 2.5 months. It's been like a week and a day here.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
the building I work out of is not large enough to keep everyone at 8 hours. No room for more trucks.
Oh young Jedi we said the same thing.....as well as saying not enough trucks, drives, or loaders. We now rent fully operational buildings called “villages” as well as having MDU’s(portable loading docks) sticking out from our building like a serious game of dominos. With what seemed like a snap of a finger we went from 10 hour days to 8 and trucks and drivers seemed to fall from the heavens.

CoolStoryBro

Oh young Jedi we said the same thing.....as well as saying not enough trucks, drives, or loaders. We now rent fully operational buildings called “villages” as well as having MDU’s(portable loading docks) sticking out from our building like a serious game of dominos. With what seemed like a snap of a finger we went from 10 hour days to 8 and trucks and drivers seemed to fall from the heavens.

We don't have room for anymore extendos out of our building. We had a satellite one peak. But it was 30 miles away for about 10 routes. Not sure any land exists in my city where they could pull off a village. But I'm sure they are working on it. And it will be a surprise the day they announce it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Some suit monkey in Atlanta will crunch numbers and realize it is cost saving to cut drivers and pay overtime.

Back to normal.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We don't have room for anymore extendos out of our building. We had a satellite one peak. But it was 30 miles away for about 10 routes. Not sure any land exists in my city where they could pull off a village. But I'm sure they are working on it. And it will be a surprise the day they announce it.
Our building is bursting from the seems....preload was in shambles.....weren’t leaving till after 9:30-9:45 daily and just like that, it was all gone. They’re running over 100 routes out of our village and the other buildings have their own villages too. 9 hour peaks.....I’d use to say I’ll believe it when I see it but now it’s I’ll not believe it when I don’t see it.

over9five

Staff member
TOO MUCH OVERTIME was the biggest complaint that members wanted fixed in the new contract.
Guess what? They fixed it for you.
You'll get your OT for Peak, but when Peak's over, you'll get what you asked for....

over9five

Staff member
TOO MUCH OVERTIME was the biggest complaint that members wanted fixed in the new contract.
Guess what? They fixed it for you.
You'll get your OT for Peak, but when Peak's over, you'll get what you asked for....

Sorry, it works me up. Did people forget complaining about "excessive overtime"?