UPS finally says something and means it

ManInBrown

So what part of the country do you live in....after calculating an accurate cost of living adjustment to your area it would be interesting to see if it truly is as easy as you say. If $37 in the Bay Area truly is the appropriate wage what do you think it would be in your area. Let’s say $20 an hour, perhaps then you’d feel differently.
37 an hour in the Bay Area lol. My brother lives in Burlingame and 37 an hour you’d be living in a cardboard box in an alley.

ManInBrown

Word was they’ve started a hour reduction in the feeder department here too. Makes sense though, all those loads coming off the rails need to be transported by someone. In true UPS fashion they’ll have more feeder drivers on the books then needed just like in package.
Not here. We can work 60 a week if we want. Especially if you work a shift that starts early evening. 5pm to 7pm start is the wheelhouse for OT whores. Always a preload hanging that has to get somewhere, or an extra airport trailer.

tacken

So what part of the country do you live in....after calculating an accurate cost of living adjustment to your area it would be interesting to see if it truly is as easy as you say. If $37 in the Bay Area truly is the appropriate wage what do you think it would be in your area. Let’s say $20 an hour, perhaps then you’d feel differently.
I have worked the O T . But I am frugal and live modest down in the LA area .

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Not here. We can work 60 a week if we want. Especially if you work a shift that starts early evening. 5pm to 7pm start is the wheelhouse for OT whores. Always a preload hanging that has to get somewhere, or an extra airport trailer.
It would be more difficult to implement in feeder considering the training and qualifications needed but I’m sure if financially it makes sense like it appears to in package.....it’s only a matter of time.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
What do you mean by “national pay scale”
Regardless of the area you live in we basically make the same give or take a few cents. Hell not sure you know this or not but here the clerks make almost what we do. So you can see that with cost of living taken into consideration and purchasing power we really already have a multi tier payscale.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
No it's creative. You choose to live where you live. You chose to take the job you took.

Pretending cost of living has something to do with a tiered drivers pay scale is wrong.
Well truth be told you are correct but like most I had no idea of the pay scale issue. The same could be said about the pensions. On that issue I’m on the winning side so it’s not all bad. Im not here much longer so my complaint isn’t for me but young employees trying to start out. Here’s something else to think about. Not finding employees to fill spots due to non competitive wages isn’t a recipe for success. It has and will present negative results for UPS....the same company that you work for.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well truth be told you are correct but like most I had no idea of the pay scale issue. The same could be said about the pensions. On that issue I’m on the winning side so it’s not all bad. Im not here much longer so my complaint isn’t for me but young employees trying to start out. Here’s something else to think about. Not finding employees to fill spots due to non competitive wages isn’t a recipe for success. It has and will present negative results for UPS....the same company that you work for.
I do completely understand though that many of you would not have taken the job if it was strictly 8 hours per day.

Also keep in mind ups could pay you more. The contract covers minimums.

ManInBrown

Regardless of the area you live in we basically make the same give or take a few cents. Hell not sure you know this or not but here the clerks make almost what we do. So you can see that with cost of living taken into consideration and purchasing power we really already have a multi tier payscale.
What are you suggesting they do? Pay Different parts of the country differently depending on cost of living?

Clerks and porters make the same but as far as I’m concerned they put there time in to get those positions. I have no problem with them making the same. Any clerk or porter that I know was a driver for 25+ years.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
What are you suggesting they do? Pay Different parts of the country differently depending on cost of living?

Clerks and porters make the same but as far as I’m concerned they put there time in to get those positions. I have no problem with them making the same. Any clerk or porter that I know was a driver for 25+ years.
Regional pay would be the simplest answer much like management. Really not that difficult, and it would allow UPS to pay more competitively where needed.

Here clerks were never drivers and only one washer was a driver and he was only a peak driver.

Both actually have different unions all together. Teamsters but different locals.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I am laughing at these "no overtime, poor us" threads.
Are you friend'n kidding me !!!!!!

This website was full of rabid dogs when UPS tried forcing the 70 hour rule on package during peak.
This website was built on pissed off drivers coming in at 10pm and venting.
Now you're gonna cry that you only get your CONTRACTUAL 40 hour pay.

No wonder everyone in management thinks we are bunch of whiny losers !!!!!!

Dr.Brownz

I am laughing at these "no overtime, poor us" threads.
Are you friend'n kidding me !!!!!!

This website was full of rabid dogs when UPS tried forcing the 70 hour rule on package during peak.
This website was built on :censored2: off drivers coming in at 10pm and venting.
Now you're gonna cry that you only get your CONTRACTUAL 40 hour pay.

No wonder everyone in management thinks we are bunch of whiny losers !!!!!!

You work at IPS, a company that unloads boxes from (some unknown off camera area) and stacks them on a dock to no where while other workers have conversations in the foreground. Horribly inefficient operation if you ask me