Ups freight/Bid

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I think that a little ridiculous.. same requirements, license. Except a freight driver has to have tanker endorsement and haz-mat.
Which makes them more qualified.

How many donuts can you eat at one time

That’s what separate’s the Feeder’s from the rest of you loser’s

sppollock

Since you don't want to accept the answer from small package drivers from the other thread, here is an answer from a freight driver, NO, you would have to quit the company and get rehired off the street to work for any other division of UPS. You cannot transfer to small package, cartage, air freight or any other part of the company.

ManInBrown

I have never heard of anyone going from freight to delivery. I thought the freight contract allowed them to go to open feeder spots? Heck, I think most supplements say a feeder driver can't go back to package unless they have previous time there ?
We can go back. If in the first 30 days we keep our package seniority and get our route back. But have to repay cdl school money. If after 30 days but before one year, package seniority is lost and you have to repay the money for cdl school. If after one year, its a wash. Dont have to pay back cdl money but package seniority is lost. We have many that get nervous and go back before 30 days. What a waste of $2500.00. They dont want to lose package seniority and their route.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We can go back. If in the first 30 days we keep our package seniority and get our route back. But have to repay cdl school money. If after 30 days but before one year, package seniority is lost and you have to repay the money for cdl school. If after one year, its a wash. Dont have to pay back cdl money but package seniority is lost. We have many that get nervous and go back before 30 days. What a waste of $2500.00. They dont want to lose package seniority and their route.

Wait....

What supplement says that ?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We can go back. If in the first 30 days we keep our package seniority and get our route back. But have to repay cdl school money. If after 30 days but before one year, package seniority is lost and you have to repay the money for cdl school. If after one year, its a wash. Dont have to pay back cdl money but package seniority is lost. We have many that get nervous and go back before 30 days. What a waste of $2500.00. They don't want to lose package seniority and their route.
Feeders is a 2 year commitment here, but you can stay on the Q list the whole 2 years (assuming you don't get forced up, not common but it happens) and keep your delivery route for whenever feeders doesn't have work for you. After 2 years you're free to bid back to delivery from feeders, or if you stayed on the Q list you can request to be taken off it. No loss of seniority for changing jobs either, that's pretty crazy.

Curt

Wondering if you work day at UPS freight can you work at a package facility as well?
Since I have CDL trying to get my foot in any door

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Ups freight, cdl, hours of service, 10 hours off, 34 hour reset. Comprende? Mentioned in a previous post that you are highly qualified.
These rules are among the most basic. Perhaps you have the wrong job?

ManInBrown

Feeders is a 2 year commitment here, but you can stay on the Q list the whole 2 years (assuming you don't get forced up, not common but it happens) and keep your delivery route for whenever feeders doesn't have work for you. After 2 years you're free to bid back to delivery from feeders, or if you stayed on the Q list you can request to be taken off it. No loss of seniority for changing jobs either, that's pretty crazy.
Yeah we dont have that here. Theres no going back to package if theres no feeder work for you. If youre in feeders, thats it. Theres no on call. And theres no going back if theres a shortage. Guaranteed work every day.

ManInBrown

We dont keep our package seniority when we move to feeders in the 177. We only have company seniority for layoffs, and vacation picks. We do have layoffs every year but its normally all off the street drivers. They have the option to work the pallet dock at 2 different buildings.