UPS gave me a Christmas present.

trickpony1

We never had any restrictions against smoking in the trucks. For a long time we smoked on the belt also.

Maybe in the old days but...

I think there are now state, and maybe federal laws, about smoking "in a shared work area".

Can you imagine being in a tractor for 8-10 hours inhaling second and third hand smoke?

rod

Retired 22 years
Maybe in the old days but...

I think there are now state, and maybe federal laws, about smoking "in a shared work area".

Can you imagine being in a tractor for 8-10 hours inhaling second and third hand smoke?

Can you imagine being a smoker (I'm not but was one years ago) and being in a tractor for 8-10 hours without a cig? Besides that I know it smells terrible but I don't think old smell is the same as sitting next to a active smoker. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
Can you imagine being a smoker (I'm not but was one years ago) and being in a tractor for 8-10 hours with out a cig? Besides that I know it smells terrible but I don't think old smell is the same as sitting next to a active smoker. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Just chew and leave tobacco spit everywhere

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Smoking was allowed in our tractors. Thank goodness only a few drivers smoked. Worse than ashes and smoke odor was a driver notorious for leaving chicken bones and remnants of his lunch strewn about the inside of his tractor. To me, a slob is worse than a smoker.

ColdHarvest

Just chew and leave tobacco spit everywhere

Driver who got the new PC, would spit dip all over the floor and trashcan in the one I used for Sat air. The trashcan was literally caked in dry dip/spit.

Pretty sure he also wiped his hands on the seat, as the sides of it were caked in dip grinds.

So, give me a break over bitching about occasional smoke smell. Which is minute as doors are always open, and I'm not exactly chaining when I use it.

trickpony1

No lawsuit necessary.
Just get a letter from your doctor stating second/third hand smoke causes respiratory problems such as vasomotor rhinitis.

Present letter to management.

Management now has to provide smoke free equipment or affected driver doesn't have to/can't be forced to drive stenched tractor.

Seen it happen.

Company finally figured out it was easier to prohibit smoking in tractors.

trickpony1

Can you imagine being a smoker (I'm not but was one years ago) and being in a tractor for 8-10 hours without a cig?

Not my problem.
I don't have an addiction.
The company has a legal/moral/ethical obligation to provide a safe, healthy work area.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I'm a smoker and the ONLY time I smoke in the brown is when I cover a drivers route who chimneys it in there everyday. If I need a smoke during the day I'll just take my pack with me when I have a long walk delivery, light up on the way back, butt goes in my back pocket. It's just common courtesy imo, no need to put my bad habits on someone else.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I can't stand the newer package cars, I hope my 2006 P700 holds up for thirteen more months. It's a little slow with 388K miles on its 4.3 Mercedes engine, but its size is perfect for a residential route. It's shorter and has a tighter turning radius than most cars. My Helper remarked yesterday that he appreciated me going into long driveways, I get as close as I can like I am walking them off. I got it brand new so I can understand that its nice to have a new car. The first new package car I got was in 1984, it was a GMC P-1000 with manual steering and the high steps. Those were garbage.