UPS Hiring Guidelines

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
UPS doesn't hire only bulky guys to deliver; the job makes them that way. I've lost around 90 lbs since starting UPS and Ive gained a decent amount of muscle as well. Although I've seen some FAT pc drivers. I'm just wondering how much KFC they have to eat each night to maintain that weight when they have such a physical job.
It appears that this thread is taking an ugly turn toward feeder drivers.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
It's about the guys that can't grow a decent looking beard. Just splotches of pubic-looking hair here and there. Now, if you're a runner up to the World's Most Interesting Man, you can probably get away with it for a while.

Cowboy Mac

It's about the guys that can't grow a decent looking beard. Just splotches of pubic-looking hair here and there. Now, if you're a runner up to the World's Most Interesting Man, you can probably get away with it for a while.

Isn't that one of those things that they can selectively discipline for though? Say you file a grievance and they write you up for not following appearance guidelines as retaliation. Better to just shave than risk it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Did you lose some weight when you went on road?
Yeah, a few pounds but it's mostly due to summer, drinking water and eating far less. But to the OP, I was just saying, you don't need to be "big"..in fact there are even drivers shorter and thinner (more frail) .

PT Car Washer

Most of my buildings fastest delivery drivers are thin and wirily. The drivers who carry an extra 50 lbs around their middle are the ones coming in after 7:00 PM every night.

Cementups

Box Monkey
To the OP:

UPS doesn't hire only bulky guys to deliver; the job makes them that way. I've lost around 90 lbs since starting UPS and Ive gained a decent amount of muscle as well. Although I've seen some FAT pc drivers. I'm just wondering how much KFC they have to eat each night to maintain that weight when they have such a physical job.

It's not about what you eat after work as much as it is making bad decisions while you're on the road. It's super easy to run into a convenience store and grab a bag of chips and a soda. Repeat as unnecessary.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Most of my buildings fastest delivery drivers are thin and wirily. The drivers who carry an extra 50 lbs around their middle are the ones coming in after 7:00 PM every night.

I would challenge that. I am admittedly overweight by 50 pounds and I am done every day between 5:15 and 6:00. I don't run but I am ridiculously efficient.

Cowboy Mac

Yeah, a few pounds but it's mostly due to summer, drinking water and eating far less. But to the OP, I was just saying, you don't need to be "big"..in fact there are even drivers shorter and thinner (more frail) .

Yeah, I agree drinking water is a big part of it. Helps stop the addiction to sugar found in large quantities in most drinks. Losing weight is about 70 percent diet 30 percent exercise.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I usually don't see too many bulky drivers. Running this job will really keep you lean. Even particularly muscular ones aren't exactly huge or anything, at least at my center.