UPS hiring

specter208

Didn't want to create a new ,but I received a copy of my background check in the mail. you guys were right. It says it was completed in one day. I haven't received a call from UPS , does that mean I won't get the job?
Call or visit the center and remind them you want to work. Don't let them forget about you!

PT Car Washer

Didn't want to create a new ,but I received a copy of my background check in the mail. you guys were right. It says it was completed in one day. I haven't received a call from UPS , does that mean I won't get the job?
Most likely waiting for the next new hire to quit and they can throw you into the fire. Never stop looking for a better job.

Most likely waiting for the next new hire to quit and they can throw you into the fire. Never stop looking for a better job.

Ive been looking religiously, its slow for
many companies around this time..

You are gay, right? That's where HR comes in. They use that code "LoaderUnloader,
Lol

I actually sent HR an email sometime last week because it is literally impossible to call this hub (all the #s dissconected) so I guess I just have to wait it out for a reply from them

Sorry to bump the thread after its dead but just a little update.

I received a call today from HR at the location I applied for..they told me at the moment they are not hiring, even though they told me they were hiring when we had our interview. They told me to "hang tight" and when something comes up they'll definitely give me a call. Guess that means no. Thanks guys for all your help.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I received a call today from HR at the location I applied for..they told me at the moment they are not hiring, even though they told me they were hiring when we had our interview. They told me to "hang tight" and when something comes up they'll definitely give me a call. Guess that means no. Thanks guys for all your help.

Actually, it means no for now.

PT Car Washer

We have been having tours going trough my building during the Twilight sort every week. Noticed a few new faces this week. Hang in there and don't stop looking.

specter208

We have been having tours going trough my building during the Twilight sort every week. Noticed a few new faces this week. Hang in there and don't stop looking.
How big is your HUB or center. My building had about 90 routes during peak. Was told could be a few
Months before I get a call.

PT Car Washer

How big is your HUB or center. My building had about 90 routes during peak. Was told could be a few
Months before I get a call.
We normally street a 100 to 110 FT routes plus air routes and bulk trucks in two centers. Plus a preload, noonday hub sort, twilight sort and a midnight hub sort. Really is a small building compared to other hubs across the country. Peak was crazy this year and had maybe 150 routes in. Guys were getting off work at 5:00 to 6:00 PM every night.

specter208

We normally street a 100 to 110 FT routes plus air routes and bulk trucks in two centers. Plus a preload, noonday hub sort, twilight sort and a midnight hub sort. Really is a small building compared to other hubs across the country. Peak was crazy this year and had maybe 150 routes in. Guys were getting off work at 5:00 to 6:00 PM every night.
I wish I was applying at your HUB. My center only has Twilight sort and a preload. My driver also told me about the high turnover rate for new hires at our center but it surprises me that HR expects it to be a few months before they call back the seasonals for PT.

PT Car Washer

I wish I was applying at your HUB. My center only has Twilight sort and a preload. My driver also told me about the high turnover rate for new hires at our center but it surprises me that HR expects it to be a few months before they call back the seasonals for PT.
Maybe some of the problem could be your local economy. Having UPS on a job app. gives you a big boost on applying for better jobs. A lot of people just use UPS as a stepping stone. Sometimes I think they could do better long term if they would stay and work the system.