Ups installs keyless entry on trucks

mark123

Does anyone have any info on ups using non union workers to come in there automotive shops to install the keyless entry on there trucks, mechanics where not even offered this work, they said the union agreed on it. This is bs, we can not work any ot and they do this , can i file a grievance and be paid overtime wage to have them install them on my fleet?

mark123

Union rep said they are sending out a company to train mechanics how to install them, they will be there to train ups mechanis. , T he union agreed to this part. ill let u no more when i found out if there complying to the deal. last nite it sounded like they where installing them not training the mechanic

mark123

teamster in indiana here. a company has gone in the shop in indianapolis, they said the company will do 75 percent of the work the ups mechanic will do the other 25 percent. doesnt sound like training to me

rod

Retired 22 years
All the vehicals had keyless entry in the 70's,80's and 90's. The keys were in the ignition and the door locks were jammed with crap to keep them from locking.