UPS Introduces Rear View Cameras: A Win-Win Situation For Everyone

D

dnj@keowee

Got to be great for inept drivers. Cost vs. savings, like putting up a net to prevent the rain.

DS

Fenderbender
They are good and bad.The ability to see and hear what is directly behind you is a definate positive saftey feature.I found 2 kids on my bumper one evening that could not figure out how I found them.But drivers tend to get grow dependant on them and forget to check thier mirrors.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I like my backup camera, I use it often. Good for backing to a dock, centering in middle of driveways, and have caught kids trying to hitch rides on my rear bumper. I use it only after looking in my rear view mirrors. Bad part about them is they look straight down, you don't see things like tree limbs, utility lines, and basketball goals. You miss children and dogs though.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Yep, old news we have had these for about the last 3 years over hear in the U.K. back when I was a driver. Just out of interest do you guy's have the flat screen monitors or the bigger CRT's we have a mix depending on package car type.

I have only seen the original type, the black and white CRTs that are mounted from the top of the windshield. And yes, this is old news, we have had them for years. I have recently noticed that Fedex has finally got them.